Warm? Acer K272HUL 1440p 1ms Monitor - $269 ($230 off)

kidstechno3

Limp Gawd
Link Here

Acer K272HUL Black 27" WQHD 1ms HDMI DisplayPort Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor Built-in Speakers
  • 2560 x 1440 (2K) 1ms
  • ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1)
  • DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

$230 off. Looks like a pretty decent starter 1440p monitor, although plain. Decent reviews from what I can tell. Speakers suck (obviously, who uses monitor speakers anymore) and bezel is only tilt. Some reviews say it's IPS but the product page says TN, so not sure.

Link Here

Acer K272HUL Black 27" WQHD 1ms HDMI DisplayPort Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor Built-in Speakers
  • 2560 x 1440 (2K) 1ms
  • ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1)
  • DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

$230 off. Looks like a pretty decent starter 1440p monitor, although plain. Decent reviews from what I can tell. Speakers suck (obviously, who uses monitor speakers anymore) and bezel is only tilt. Some reviews say it's IPS but the product page says TN, so not sure.

From the response time alone and the price, I would be really surprised if it was an ips. It's a TN almost for sure.

Not sure why this monitor would even be $500 to begin with. Good response time, but 60Hz and TN? Meh, $260 doesn't seem like a discounted price; that's the price it should've been IMO.

Not sure why this monitor would even be $500 to begin with. Good response time, but 60Hz and TN? Meh, $260 doesn't seem like a discounted price; that's the price it should've been IMO.

Yea that was my thought too. I think I've seen some 1440p TNs running mid $300ish but definitely not worth $500. At $270 I think it's a pretty good entry 1440p for gaming, that's what most Korean 1440ps are running withouts sales. Really depends on what features you're looking for to shell out the extra dough.

I bought the IPS of this for around $250 some time ago, and it's fantastic (I use it for linux/daily work).

Can't speak to the TN.....but since I bought the IPS one I can't find anything close in price.

Edit: I have this one...

Last edited:
TN panels definitely have their place, especially the ROG Swift and its Dell equivalent. However, this particular proposition is just silly, considering that it is 60Hz and there is an IPS equivalent available for a mere 30$ more. Getting this is kind of pointless since it's not playing off of any of the actual strengths of a TN panel over IPS and yet has all of the weaknesses.

It's just a bad value proposition.

TN panels definitely have their place, especially the ROG Swift and its Dell equivalent. However, this particular proposition is just silly, considering that it is 60Hz and there is an IPS equivalent available for a mere 30$ more. Getting this is kind of pointless since it's not playing off of any of the actual strengths of a TN panel over IPS and yet has all of the weaknesses.

It's just a bad value proposition.

Agreed -- probably Newegg just clearing inventory for new-model monitors.

i fucking love this monitor, I have it and Wish i could buy 2 more

Back