Warm: AC MX-2 Thermal Compound - 4g $2.99 f/s

random305867

Limp Gawd
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound - 4gram $2.99 free shipping at Mwave. Limit 5 per customer.

New link:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearc...=Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound - 4gram

Some people over at slickdeals recommend using paypal if you do buy from mwave as they have been having security issues.

(IN STOCK @ 4:15 PM EST 10/27)

Might be worth checking back later if out of stock, mwave has a habit of going OOS before they are really OOS :/

Last edited:
You can snag some Antec grease for $3.75 shipped if you have prime (or spend $25 for nonprime, but prime is free for lots of people so you should be able to signup, cough free amazon-mom signup for free prime, cough)

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Thermal...l-20&sr=8-5&productids_Antec_Therm-B00006HTLY

or there is this Arctic Silver, which is a FLAT $4.48 shipped without any prime or limit. (I bought an AMD CPU through "better choice" about 3 weeks ago, super fast shipper)

www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-Cerami...20&qid=1319571918&sr=8-6&producids_B001JYS0AI

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In for 5! I have a bunch of Xbox 360's I plan on repairing soon.

Grabbed 2 for sure! Thanks!!! Always end up getting stuck wit no thermal paste paying neweggs stupid ass $9.99 + 3 shipping for 1 little tiny tube! this made my day lol!! Also I just ordered so they must be BACK IN STOCK so hurry while you can!

Thanks. I've been needing more thermal paste. Finally ran out of AS5

Awesome price. I picked up a 4 gram tube 6 months ago from mwave.com for $4.99 + tax and I thought that was a deal. Tonight I am getting double the MX-2 for $1.50 more shipped!

is this the best paste? i use as5 atm

I personally use Arctic Silver (since the golden newegg days, when it WAS "the best paste")

Now there are tons, and there are tons of charts.... but to me, all the same stuff pretty much unless you need SUPER overclocks, than you should look at those charts which show the coolest running pastes.

Things change though.. as I've heard of a new one that breaks a lot of the temp records

nice! In for 5. Going to be building quite a few machines soon...
thanks op!

I used to use Artic Silver, tried this a few years ago and now its my favorite. Its easy to apply, doesn't take a bunch of heat cycles to work good and lasts a long time in the tube without seperating. Its also completely non-conductive, non-capacitive so if you have some extra go were it shouldn't, you dont have to worry. For this price its a no brainer, I stocked up last time it hit this deal and still have plenty or I would be in for 5. Its not the absolute best thermal paste out there, but the laws of diminishing returns start hitting your wallet hard once you step up from this excellent deal.

still in stock... got 5. :D

i hate how long the syringe is, though... makes me think i have more when it's really out. :p

I was just shopping for some paste, thanks for the heads up! I can survive a few days longer shipping vs paying twice as much elsewhere!

i just bought 2.5g of ceramique yesterday for $4.99....crap
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1640183

Huh? HUH? :D

And if anyone replies back that ceramique sucks, note this line from the [H] thermal paste shootout mentioned in my thread:

Of all the pastes tested today the largest difference was 3.9º Celsius from "best to worst." This tells me that I can be sure that as long as I am using an aftermarket paste in good condition my CPU will be safe.

Not trying to threadcrap, just offering another solution.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1640183

Huh? HUH? :D

And if anyone replies back that ceramique sucks, note this line from the [H] thermal paste shootout mentioned in my thread:

Not trying to threadcrap, just offering another solution.

Ceramique is good stuff, in fact I have a 25g Syringe of ceramique 2 that I use for older computers and random projects.

On any new rig I build I always use as5 or MX-2. To a lot of enthusiasts, 4 degrees Celsius is a big deal. Hell even 1 degree is a big deal to some people.

I would also like to point out that most people won't use 25g of thermal paste in their lifetime, so it might not make sense to buy such a large amount, no matter the deal.

I have a 25g tube of Ceramique that i bought from Frys, a long time ago. A ton of it left still. Maybe it was back in 2005 or something when I bought it. Absolutely GREAT stuff for throwing on ramsinks and any place with a risk of exposed traces. While I wouldn't use it on a current CPU now, it's always there for an emergency.

Back