Warm ? 4TB 2.5" (15mm) $139.88 @ amazon

I ripped out the stock P410 RAID controller and replaced it with an LSI 9211-8i HBA. (should have no issues with drives over 2TB)

Currently it's running 20*146GB SAS drives in ZFS w/mirrored pairs and 5*120GB SSD's as L2ARC.

Would be interesting to replace with these drives though, 100TB raw storage in a 2U server? Sexy~

So tempting... I have 18 bays free in the front of my Dell 720xd hypervisor. And I of course just bought an 8 3TB WD Reds to fill my additional external enclosure connected to it. Decisions... decisions...

Those are the same drives and to those who would like to put them in a hot-swap bay remember they are 15mm thick. I have 11 of those drives got 7 more to go to build a 16 drive RAIDZ20 with 1 hot spare + 1 cold spare. Then I'll need the SSD for cache. They are easy to remove but I'm possible to do so without damaging the case.

I have these in a supermicro hostwap bay. As long as the trays are good for SAS as well as sata you should be fine as SAS drives tend to be 15mm thick as well.

Back