Warm? 1GB DDR2 notebook memory $20 at Bestbuy B&M

Loki008

2[H]4U
Kingston Technologies 1GB DDR2 ValueRAM Laptop Memory

Ok, i would think this is hot, however BB's pricematch policy makes it a bit difficult, thus it being a warmish deal.

Bestbuy has this memory for $104.99

where as circuit city has it for $27.99

a difference of $77. The problem is that bestbuy only does the 10% pricematch if you pay for it, then price match it after you paid for it. So to get the extra $7 off you would have to pay the $104.99 then pricematch it at customer service.

I know ram is cheap, this price match makes the ram about the same price as newegg before shipping, and its in stock at a B&M so i figure that is what makes it a [H]ot|Deal

Meh... 1 gig is enough to boot vista..

If this was a deal on 4 gig, like Fry's often has deals under $80 then don't bother.

I've had Best Buy refuse to price match if I didn't hand them their competitor's paper advertisement. They called Circuit City and told me that they couldn't price match CC because CC was price matching their own website and Best Buy couldn't price match CC's website price.

Also, don't forget that you will pay tax on the full $104.99 and you won't get that back.

This memory is $32.99 in CC's weekly ad, so if I did the math correctly using that price and including 6.5% tax in my area, the total final price using BBY's price match + 10% is $32.62. Just buying the RAM from Circuit City for their $27.99 online price would be $29.81 after tax. From what I've read, CC could use your money right now too :)

I dont know about the tax thing, i didnt do the extra 10% becuase i didnt know about the policy till i was already checking out. But i know i only paid tax on the $27.99 that it got marked down to. ended up paying $29.67 out the door. same as if i drove to CC, that is why i mentioned the pay for it, then price match it.

I've had Best Buy refuse to price match if I didn't hand them their competitor's paper advertisement. They called Circuit City and told me that they couldn't price match CC because CC was price matching their own website and Best Buy couldn't price match CC's website price.

Also, don't forget that you will pay tax on the full $104.99 and you won't get that back.

This memory is $32.99 in CC's weekly ad, so if I did the math correctly using that price and including 6.5% tax in my area, the total final price using BBY's price match + 10% is $32.62. Just buying the RAM from Circuit City for their $27.99 online price would be $29.81 after tax. From what I've read, CC could use your money right now too :)

I've had CC refuse to match their own price in their own advertisement.

Yes you will get your tax back, so I have no idea what you are smoking but you need to put the pipe down.

When you print out CC's website showing the $27.99 price make sure you print the section that shows the local stores around you that have it in stock.

Make the purchase at BB and walk straight to the customer service desk. Tell them you want to do a price match and hand them the CC print out. Make sure you circle the price and the store closest to you that shows it is in stock.

After the 110% pricematch you should be paying $20.29 plus tax. And if they refuse you can always be an asshole like me. I'd just open the memory in front of them and then tell them you want to return it. There is no restocking fee on memory and don't let them tell you otherwise. (And yes if you can't tell I fuggin' hate Best Buy & Circuit City)

Back