)( WarDriving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofakinguseless

Weaksauce
dont wanna get banned for talking about illegal stuff here(gimme a warning first if so plz), but im just curious, How do people war drive and connect or LAN? because i live in the middle of nowere and will do anything to get on some high speed internet. but I have Network Stumbler DLed on my laptop and im using a microsoft Linksys WiFi card. when im driving, it does beep saying there is a network, but how do you connect to these random networks? also I get it alot when im with my parents while they are in there RV traveling. thanks!

PS: crazy as it sounds, i have searched high and low and cant get any info *gasp*

netstumbler only let's you detect networks, to access them you need the SSID, network key, etc.
To decrypt WEP or other excryption you will need Linux utilities which are rather expensive $1000-5000 for the enterprise package.

well, i am a really stingy person when it comes to money at the molment, but i hear about all of these people just plugging in there cards and connecting to networks... there isent a cheeper and easyer way? thx.

Originally posted by Ultra Wide
netstumbler only let's you detect networks, to access them you need the SSID, network key, etc.
To decrypt WEP or other excryption you will need Linux utilities which are rather expensive $1000-5000 for the enterprise package.

linux utilities are generally free ;)

Originally posted by Sofakinguseless
dont wanna get banned for talking about illegal stuff here(gimme a warning first if so plz), but im just curious, How do people war drive and connect or LAN? because i live in the middle of nowere and will do anything to get on some high speed internet. but I have Network Stumbler DLed on my laptop and im using a microsoft Linksys WiFi card. when im driving, it does beep saying there is a network, but how do you connect to these random networks? also I get it alot when im with my parents while they are in there RV traveling. thanks!
Okay, then, here is your warning...

Discussing "wardriving" in general won't get you banned. Simply detecting network access points is not illegal. Some people even like to make detailed maps of their "finds".

Unauthorized access to someone else's network is, however, illegal and discussion of such is not allowed here for liability purposes. And since that's what you were asking how to do, this thread is being locked.

The Rules:

- You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back