Warcraft Mod for CS 1.6, AND CHEATING!

-=FNW=-j@br0n1

Weaksauce
Hey - I've been playing CS a long time, but I've been out of it for about 6 months.

So, is there a Warcraft 3 mod available for CS 1.6 and steam? If so, anyone know of some good servers?

BTW - I want to know if there are cheaters out there using 1.6. I thought one of the purposes of steam was to eliminate client-side control of critical game files. Anyone have a definite answer on this one?

Thanks!

J

i've seen servers with the WC3 in the names, but never actually played on them. Theres definately a Super Heros mod, and yes, there are still cheaters.

i played the wc3 mod once and just didn't like it at all.

and yes, there are still cheaters. these days they are becoming even more blatant so a lot of times it will seem like there has been an increase.

what is really sad is that the most prolific cs hacker made his program "metacheat" using microsoft's .net software

Originally posted by Jäger
what is really sad is that the most prolific cs hacker made his program "metacheat" using microsoft's .net software

Why doesn't that surprise me? More importantly, why don't I find that sad?

ya guess what, my dad plays cs and was tired of dying to hackers, so i told him i would go online and find him some hacks for cs on steam... 5 minutes later he is in a server with aimbot and wallhack and he is just cheating away... cs totally sucks now, after being able to do that and find cheats that easy, i lost all respect for cs

-warsaw

Originally posted by warsawtag
ya guess what, my dad plays cs and was tired of dying to hackers, so i told him i would go online and find him some hacks for cs on steam... 5 minutes later he is in a server with aimbot and wallhack and he is just cheating away... cs totally sucks now, after being able to do that and find cheats that easy, i lost all respect for cs

-warsaw

yes, it is really sad. VAC is a joke. they can update all they want, but it takes less than an hour for a hacker to fix theird code so that it is VAC proof once again. as someone else in the thread said, playing on lan is the only way to ensure there aren't hacks.

Originally posted by warsawtag
cs totally sucks now, after being able to do that and find cheats that easy, i lost all respect for cs

-warsaw
Welcome back to earth, CS has totally sucked for years. I run a lan event for free at my college, and at the last event I said "alright guys do you want to have a Halo tournament? or call of duty tournament?" and some high school kid is like "Counter-strike!!"
I said "If I didn't get tired of that game, and its cheating 3 years ago maybe, but no"
Its such an aged game, there are so many better games out there why won't people just upgrade their slow ass PCs and give newer games like CoD or newer versions of UT a chance? and for goodness sakes mod makers need to graduate from the half-life engine and mod for something better. sheesh.
sorry I'm done :p

You can't really insult Counter-strike and then recommend Call of Duty in its place. Seriously, Call of Duty is basically a more Counter-strikey version of Day of Defeat, and the only reason anybody should be playing it is the Behind Enemy Lines mode.

That's about it.

Originally posted by Dan UCF
Welcome back to earth, CS has totally sucked for years. I run a lan event for free at my college, and at the last event I said "alright guys do you want to have a Halo tournament? or call of duty tournament?" and some high school kid is like "Counter-strike!!"
I said "If I didn't get tired of that game, and its cheating 3 years ago maybe, but no"
Its such an aged game, there are so many better games out there why won't people just upgrade their slow ass PCs and give newer games like CoD or newer versions of UT a chance? and for goodness sakes mod makers need to graduate from the half-life engine and mod for something better. sheesh.

^_^ I'll agree to that, only people playing that game are lame fan boys and the ones that don't have a computer thats able to play something that was made in the last 2 years.

Maybe cause that's really the only good game out now? I've play other games and nothing compares to CS. The only thing that is similar is sofii which I like alot better but the game is pretty underrated and no one hardly ever plays it. Quake 3 is not CS nor is it fun playing at a lan, teh same can be said of UT. UT XMP looks nice though, team game and all. Also I've only started playing last month and I'm addicted. Also all games have hacks/cheats. Punkbuster is a short - term solution to that. If you want to be able to prevent hacking make ppl mod and when they see cheaters ban them. It's simple enough and it works.

To the guy who's dad cheats. If he's that low to stoop down to that level then he probably sucks. there are thousands of CS servers out there go somewhere else.

Originally posted by Roach
^_^ I'll agree to that, only people playing that game are lame fan boys and the ones that don't have a computer thats able to play something that was made in the last 2 years.

Yea righto mate.

2500+ @ 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Pc3200, First Gen Raptor, Ati 9800 Pro...

And CS is the most fun game I own (and I own 99% of new titles)

So you got anything else ignorant to say?

Q3, UT2003, COD.. There all FPS but their not similar to CS.

Originally posted by SKiTLz
Yea righto mate.

2500+ @ 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Pc3200, First Gen Raptor, Ati 9800 Pro...

And CS is the most fun game I own (and I own 99% of new titles)

So you got anything else ignorant to say?

Q3, UT2003, COD.. There all FPS but their not similar to CS.

I think you missed the first part of my post, you know that part that came before "ones that don't have a computer thats able to play "

Edit - added system requirements

Pentium 133 MHz
Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, or Me
24 MB RAM
400 MB hard disc space
2x CD-ROM
SVGA, high-color (16-bit) graphics
Win-compatible soundcard
32-bit Internet service provider with 28.8+ modem or LAN

I think you missed the first part of my post, you know that part that came before "ones that don't have a computer thats able to play "

Edit - added system requirements

Pentium 133 MHz
Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, or Me
24 MB RAM
400 MB hard disc space
2x CD-ROM
SVGA, high-color (16-bit) graphics
Win-compatible soundcard
32-bit Internet service provider with 28.8+ modem or LAN

I didn't miss anything.

only people playing that game are lame fan boys and the ones that don't have a computer thats able to play something that was made in the last 2 years.

My system cant play play anything within the past two years?

There we go now I'm quoting myself

I still play it because it's fun. I don't sit here wearing a CS hat and have counter-strike.net as my homepage. I also have a 3.7GHz, 1GB ram, 9700Pro system that can play anything out there. COD is seriously boring for me it's like they took DoD and just brought it down a couple of notches but hey it does look pretty. There are cheaters in everything you are going to do and the reason CS has so many is because it's still so popular. You get more then a couple thousand COD servers and see what happens.

-Tron

Don't get me wrong, there was once a time when Counter-Strike was worthy of it praise. To me that time has ended, once 1.4 came I was done. 1.3 was the best it ever was and had a community that wasn't completely filled with 6 and 7 year old trash talkers over voice chat.

Two years was enough for me. Most of you that play counter-strike diss Day of Defeat saying that it now sucks... you know why? Because valve purchased the mod and turned it into its own creation. I've been saying the same thing about counter-strike, it was a great game when valve didn't have control of it but since then it has degraded into thousands of servers running fy_iceworld while 9 other people are screaming into the microphone. "I da 1337 h4x0r ph34r da kind wraith"

Sooner or later it ends.

imo cs is for noobtacular wankers who can't play anything else cause they are to afraid to move to somthing new. so they bash everything that is new like CoD and DoD and BF1942 and UT/UT2K3 you name it
last lan party i hit the childlike ass who said we should play CS
also we kicked him out to. he did nothing but talk trash and everything else. i played CS for about 30 min and could not take the crap that came outa that game
now half-life i liked and nothing else for it.
i play everything but CS i think it is for them n00btacular fan boys who can't upgrade there machine and are to damn scared to play anything else

Originally posted by QHalo
CS died when they removed bhopping :(
yea bhopping should be in all games :eek:
Especially games that are supposed to be realistic like DoD, and CoD, Rainbow 6 series, etc.

WOW.........i have a good pc and i play cs all the time. COD gets boring for me as well as UT3k........for some reason cs doesnt get old. I can really care less about the engine, its a great game imo. I have like 8 fav. servers i go to and none of them have cheating. Oh ya and i still play 1.5

I don't how you can compare BF1942 and UT/UT2k3 to CS. They are totally different games. What sucks about UT/UT2k3 is that it's more of a quake styled shooter. The only thing that can compare to CS is soldier of fortune ii (it's alot better than CS in some ways too but it different). Maybe it's cause you suck at CS cause i have a machine that can run anything otu there. Also there haen't been any shooter that is as fun as CS.

Originally posted by [RIP]Zeus
imo cs is for noobtacular wankers who can't play anything else cause they are to afraid to move to somthing new. so they bash everything that is new like CoD and DoD and BF1942 and UT/UT2K3 you name it
last lan party i hit the childlike ass who said we should play CS
also we kicked him out to. he did nothing but talk trash and everything else. i played CS for about 30 min and could not take the crap that came outa that game
now half-life i liked and nothing else for it.
i play everything but CS i think it is for them n00btacular fan boys who can't upgrade there machine and are to damn scared to play anything else

It hasnt been so much that cs in itself is a great game, buit the fact is that when you play it, everything happens in such a way where when u quit a server, ur aching for some more, its just addicting... Im no fanboy or anything, i mean i play 2-3 times a week now afteer 1.6 came out... didnt like 1.4/1.5 all too much but it was still pretty addicting... Stuff that makes cs suck is teh 12 year olds and the hackers, otherwise if they updated the graphics and kicked out the cheaters, it would be an whole nother story

admin online = no hackers. if there are hackers adn no admin find antoher server. It's really as simple as that.

Originally posted by quiksilverx181
It hasnt been so much that cs in itself is a great game, buit the fact is that when you play it, everything happens in such a way where when u quit a server, ur aching for some more, its just addicting... Im no fanboy or anything, i mean i play 2-3 times a week now afteer 1.6 came out... didnt like 1.4/1.5 all too much but it was still pretty addicting... Stuff that makes cs suck is teh 12 year olds and the hackers, otherwise if they updated the graphics and kicked out the cheaters, it would be an whole nother story

yea bhopping should be in all games :eek:
Especially games that are supposed to be realistic like DoD, and CoD, Rainbow 6 series, etc.

you want realism? go join the army. I play for fun.

the people that complained the most about bhopping, are the ones who couldnt do it. /begin bhop whinning from others, ad nauseum

Back