Warcraft III Updated with Native 16:9, 24-Player Support

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Blizzard has updated Warcraft III’s public test realm to version 1.29, bringing widescreen support, 24-player game lobbies, balance and map pools, and world editor updates to the 2002 real-time strategy game. Some speculate that a full remaster could be on the way.

Warcraft III's PTR is back and ready for your scrutiny. Join us in testing widescreen support, hero balance changes, and updates to Map Pools for 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and Free-for-All. We've also added some experimental modes like 24 player support for custom games.

Neat. I should pull my disks out at some point and play through it again. War craft was a good series. (Wow does not count one way or the other)

Warcraft 2 was better..the entire hero system just utterly destroyed the balance of WC3.

Well, that's great. But I lost my discs a long time ago. Oh well.

Well, that's great. But I lost my discs a long time ago. Oh well.

If you do find them, you can register your key at battle.net and have access to installers from there.

Yeah, but the discs are long gone because of several moves after I, Honorably, separated from the US Air Force. I just don't have the discs.

It's not a big deal.

Warcraft 2 was better..the entire hero system just utterly destroyed the balance of WC3.

Pretty much this. I never could get past the first part of WC3. I felt like I was playing a game built for kids still watching barney and friends.

Why all the rts remasters?

Let's just make some new good ones.

Can we do that?

Back