Warcraft III scroll problem

marvin888

Lurker
I just bought Warcraft Battlechest but I'm haveing a few problems. I patched it to 1.20e. the scroll is really senitive. When I move the cursor to the side of the screen to scroll it jumps to the edge of the map.
Plus when the narrator (giving tips) or anyone for that matter is talking the video complety stops cursor freezes also.
Any tips?
I know I'm late in the game to play this for the first time but I was complety lost when I started playing WOW. I quit playing WOW, sucked to much time from me. I figured this whould help with the story line. Plus I like RTS games (I love C&C and Starcraft(wow, just got it Warcraft Starcraft)

Maybe you've got a mouse that isn't responsive enough to pull away from the edge. Warcraft 3 requires precision and finesse. Try hitting your mouse's weak spots for massive damage.

I don't think my mouse is to sensitive. Moving around on the screen is fine just when I hil the edges to scroll does it jump to the edges of the map. I did a Google search and a couple of other people had this problem but there threads went unanswered. I know you guys can help. :D

I am having the same issue....my system rebooted after an update last night....maybe it will be fixed

marvin888 said:
I just bought Warcraft Battlechest but I'm haveing a few problems. I patched it to 1.20e. the scroll is really senitive. When I move the cursor to the side of the screen to scroll it jumps to the edge of the map.
Plus when the narrator (giving tips) or anyone for that matter is talking the video complety stops cursor freezes also.
Any tips?
I know I'm late in the game to play this for the first time but I was complety lost when I started playing WOW. I quit playing WOW, sucked to much time from me. I figured this whould help with the story line. Plus I like RTS games (I love C&C and Starcraft(wow, just got it Warcraft Starcraft)

Sounds like you have an AMD dual core processor.

Moofasa~ said:
Sounds like you have an AMD dual core processor.

I do too....when I try to set the process affinity (which is my fix for DoD) it says "denied"

what's the workaround?

98EXL said:
oh wow, that's a great read, thank you. I try to read as much as I can here, and I didn't know that existed
Yeah, it's a PITA to find. I have to use search every time I want to refer someone to it. Good stuff, though. Hope it fixes your problem!

it didn't, I read the fix for WCIII, and that patch that is mentioned is for 32-bit XP.....damnit

Back