Warcraft Adventure Game Leaks After 18 Years

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I don’t think I even knew this existed. A version of Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans may now be downloaded, although takedown may be imminent. According to the Wiki, the game is a point-and-click adventure game that, while featuring Blizzard’s designs, was outsourced to an animation company.

Did you know that Blizzard was working on a point-and-click game called Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans back in the late 90s, but then canceled the project after two years in development? Well the project recently surfaced again when a user by the name of Reidor located in Russia posted a download link for the game in the Scrolls of Lore forum a couple days ago. Footage from the game has been circulating for several years now, but nobody ever had access to a proper build of the game. At a file size of approximately 500MB, you can now help Thrall click hopelessly through dungeons and town squares in search of whatever it is he’s searching for, at least until Blizzard gets it taken down.

looks dreadful

Zelda2.jpg

Too bad Blizzard doesn't give away their half-finished games. It would've been nice to at least try out Ghost...

I didn't realize that this got even that finished. Always sounded like a silly idea for a game.

I am itching to play Interstate '76 and MechWarrior 2 now. Too bad there is a physics problem if the frame rate is too high on modern systems. Good thing I still have a Pentium 233. Edit: oh wow, GoG has a somewhat updated/fixed version that people have been able to successfully run 1440x1080 with glide wrappers. There is an online server still up too.

Last edited:
I am itching to play Interstate '76 and MechWarrior 2 now. Too bad there is a physics problem if the frame rate is too high on modern systems. Good thing I still have a Pentium 233.

GOG sells Interstate '76, but Mechwarrior 2 desperately needs to be available through Steam, GOG, and/or Origin. That latter is a game I've purchased on CD-ROM 3 separate times: for MS-DOS (required a 486 DX-2 66 Mhz minimum), the Pentium Edition (Win95), and the Titanium Edition (first to use 3D cards).

I am itching to play Interstate '76 and MechWarrior 2 now. Too bad there is a physics problem if the frame rate is too high on modern systems. Good thing I still have a Pentium 233.

GOG sells Interstate '76, but Mechwarrior 2 desperately needs to be available through Steam, GOG, and/or Origin. That latter is a game I've purchased on CD-ROM 3 separate times: for MS-DOS (required a 486 DX-2 66 Mhz minimum), the Pentium Edition (Win95), and the Titanium Edition (first to use 3D cards).

Mechwarrior 2 quite frankly sucked compared to the original.

Sure the graphics were better, but I could not stand the gameplay at all.

I probably spent hundreds of hours on the original Mechwarrior. The replayability was just insane.

Man. 1996-1997...lol. I never played the first MW, but Dynamix made some very memorable games. Yeah, MW2 was very tedious and slow.

I remember the trailer for lord of the clan ( i think i was on the Starcraft CD) , was really hyped for it , too bad it was canceled.

I remember the trailer for lord of the clan ( i think i was on the Starcraft CD) , was really hyped for it , too bad it was canceled.

Well, now you can Guybrush your way around in the content that was released!

I still have the PC Gamer issue from 1997 in which this game was the cover story.

Yeah, I remember it. It was also listed in our catalogue of upcoming releases at the store I was working at.

The best though is remembering Interstate '76! What a great game!

Yup, I still have the original install CD with that on there. I think by the time I got though Starcraft and seeing all the cutscenes in that game that I really wanted Blizzard to make a CG movie (joining up with Squaresoft).

I probably spent hundreds of hours on the original Mechwarrior. The replayability was just insane.

I'd played a Battletech role-playing game on the Amiga, but my introduction to the Mechwarrior series was Mechwarrior 2. The gameplay could get a bit cumbersome, but those faction cinematic introductions really drew me in!

Just play Earthsiege II, and you'll completely forget Mechwarrior even existed. It's one of the most underrated games I know. But it's much better than MW, in every way.

Just play Earthsiege II, and you'll completely forget Mechwarrior even existed. It's one of the most underrated games I know. But it's much better than MW, in every way.

I played some Earthsiege II back in the day. However, I don't remember anything about it.

May have to dig it up at some point and have a gander.

Back