Warcraft 4 is coming (speculation)

maxius

2[H]4U
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57901

no i am not shitting you! that is what i believe could be be the next mysterious project blizzard is working on. warcraft its the only ip that they have done anything with that follows in the ip's traditional rts roots. they are even using the wow engine currently for testing!

post your ideas on what could blizzard be up to?

Title is misleading. Didn't that article just quote him saying that talking about a new franchise.

There is not a single thing in that article indicating that the mystery project they're working on is Warcraft 4.

Title is misleading. Didn't that article just quote him saying that talking about a new franchise.

they are testing what ever they are doing currently with the wow engine ... it can not be any clearer to me after so many years of setting up the warcraft world with wow world it would be fitting to have a new rts and it would be an epic one if that is what they are doing

I don't play RTS's anymore. IF Warcraft 4 came out, I'd be back in the genre.

Going to get it for sure if its true. Blizzard makes some of the best games around.

im the only person that doesnt like any blizzard games

yeah pretty much. I mean, it's easy to hate on WoW (and that's what everyone instantly associates with Blizzard now), but I don't think anyone can deny that starcraft and warcraft III are like the archetype of the RTS genre.

I still play starcraft on a regular basis even to this day.

Blizzard is working on the following:

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
some unknown MMO that is supposed to be a new IP
some other random game they're starting to hire ppl (don't expect this game for at least 2 years)

im the only person that doesnt like any blizzard games
Nope there's 2 of us, I mean, I've played Warcraft 2 and had a blast with it, but after getting into shooters, I've left Blizzard for good, I find that shit boring nowadays, but glad to see they are doing so well.

Starcraft 2 won't do it for you?

You know, I never really got into the original Starcraft. But I dedicated hundreds of hours in college to War2 & 3. I guess I like the whole medieval fantasy element of the warcraft series versus the sci fi of starcraft. Heroes made the game a lot more fun as well.

Didn't like the direction they went with Warcraft 3 (hero, unit cap, upkeep, no water).

They put to much RPG in the main story most of the time you weren't even building or upgrading anything.

I think they are going to continue down the path of adding RPG elements which takes away from the basic rts nature of the game so I'm not super excited for Warcraft 4.

That all being said still loved warcraft 3 just didn't like it as much as warcraft 2.

Two things...

1. I don't see anything about Warcraft 4, but I'd like it eventually.
2. "Coming" is spelled with one "m". Please spell it correctly, especially if you are using it in ALLCAPS in the thread's title.

If anything, they better bring back water units!

Yeah I miss those. The thing with Warcraft 3 development was that they wanted to significantly simplify base and resource management and focus on micromanaging units so the game is more strategy oriented rather than base efficiency + overwhelming unit combo oriented, which plagues the RTS genre.

In its original pre-Alpha state, they actually didn't even have lumber for a resource, just gold. They found that it was so simplistic it wasn't fun, so they added back lumber harvesting. Alas, oil resource and water units never made it back in.

[H]adouken;1033906931 said:
Nope there's 2 of us, I mean, I've played Warcraft 2 and had a blast with it, but after getting into shooters, I've left Blizzard for good, I find that shit boring nowadays, but glad to see they are doing so well.

You disqualify! You liked WC2.

Yeah, there's nothing in that article that says their new game has anything to do with Warcraft. Lemme know when something more concrete pops up.....

It sounds very much like blizzard is working on something entirely new, and not just "another new game".

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57901

no i am not shitting you! that is what i believe could be be the next mysterious project blizzard is working on. warcraft its the only ip that they have done anything with that follows in the ip's traditional rts roots. they are even using the wow engine currently for testing!

post your ideas on what could blizzard be up to?

c o m i n g

And I think you are, in fact, shitting me.

I hate RTS and MMO games, but I've always liked Diablo. Tough to hate everything Blizzard is putting out there.

I agree, finish SC2, then finish Diablo 3 (for my sake!), THEN worry about "new" games.

WC4 would be great, I too couldn't really get into Starcraft but loved Warcraft.

Garden of War FTW (the original GoW acronym)!

You know, I never really got into the original Starcraft. But I dedicated hundreds of hours in college to War2 & 3. I guess I like the whole medieval fantasy element of the warcraft series versus the sci fi of starcraft. Heroes made the game a lot more fun as well.

This. I never got into SC at all, but I spent countless hours on WC2 and 3. I even played WC2 on Sega Saturn ;)

I agree, finish SC2, then finish Diablo 3 (for my sake!), THEN worry about "new" games.

WC4 would be great, I too couldn't really get into Starcraft but loved Warcraft.

Garden of War FTW (the original GoW acronym)!

GoW old school, best map ever (not as good in WC3). I rocked this map for like 4 years back in the 56k days had it down to a science and always killed someone before they even had a fighter out, and stupid human users would get owned by blood lust every time. The only times I lost were from really good dragon players and they had to be damn good with the defense of their main base.

Am I the only one that still remembers codename hydra? We've known blizzard was working on another game for a while now (not including sc2, d3, or a new mmo) so this is (once again) old news...

This. I never got into SC at all, but I spent countless hours on WC2 and 3. I even played WC2 on Sega Saturn ;)

How good did you get at wc3? I was a decent undead player. Was at about a level 16 before frozen throne came out. That was about the time I upgraded from my 20" crt to a 19" LCD with 25ms delay. Made gaming, especially for RTS's and FPS's, not fun anymore. So I stopped gaming for a few years.

Honestly, their making World of Warcraft 2. They will have all the same classes with a few new. The catch is each race and class has their own individual games. So your going to have to buy the race primary game and than the class as an additional addon.

they need to be making a rts/fps. somebody that is quality. savage is nice but its not a triple a title.

yeah pretty much. I mean, it's easy to hate on WoW (and that's what everyone instantly associates with Blizzard now), but I don't think anyone can deny that starcraft and warcraft III are like the archetype of the RTS genre.

I still play starcraft on a regular basis even to this day.

i honestly dont likeRTS games. not my thing

The RTS world has sucked ever since Microsoft got rid of the Age of Empires servers.

I think there taking on too many projects, they need to finish Star Craft 2 and Diablo 3, to hell with Warcraft.

If there's one company you can guaruntee quality on it's Blizzard. And they got Samwise Didier, who kicks ass.

Back