WarCraft 30-Second TV Spot

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I’m still not sure what to think about this. The whole Orc-with-human-eyes thing freaks me out.

Azeroth stands on the brink of war as its civilization, led by the humans, faces a fearsome race of invaders: orc warriors fleeing their dying world of Draenor to find their place in another. As a gateway known as the Dark Portal opens to connect the two worlds, the humans face destruction while the orcs face extinction. Anduin Lothar (Travis Fimmel), leader of the humans, and Durotan (Toby Kebbell), leader of the orcs, are then sent on a collision course that will decide the fate of their family, their people and their home, in which war has many faces and everyone fights for something.

I am going to be disappointed as hell if this movie doesn't include multiple raid bosses as enemies in the movie. I don't want to see CGI Orcs during it out with humans, I want to see Deathwing, Brutallus, Ragnaros...

dunno what blizzard were thinking in letting this go ahead. i bet it will turn out like the dungeon and dragons movie.

thy shoulda done it as an animated movie and kept full control of it all if they couldnt be arsed doing it in house. they have the peeps to have done it all in house

dunno what blizzard were thinking in letting this go ahead. i bet it will turn out like the dungeon and dragons movie.

thy shoulda done it as an animated movie and kept full control of it all if they couldnt be arsed doing it in house. they have the peeps to have done it all in house

They were thinking easy money since it's going to do very well in theaters no matter how much criticism it gets. With those being the most vocal about it being in front of the line on release day lol! :D

pretty sure you wont be seeing Deathwing, Brutallus, Ragnaros, since this takes place before that, however there are some problems, daralan should not be a floating city yet in this part of the time line, and how can you expect to see death wing before the lich king invasion, this evolves when the orcs first came threw the dark portal to azeroth to escape there dieng world, ( now out lands ) keep mind there is 2 timelines this movie looks to be following the original time line which would lead up to cataclysm where we see deathwing. hopefully this will be a trillogy. Starting with draenor we have the second timeline because garrosh hellscream went back in time and changed things. i would expect to see medivh in this movie since he was the person who convinced the orcs to travel threw the dark portal in the first place.

Hmm ... I'll probably go see this movie as I used to heavily be into WoW and WoW TCG. Can't stand WoW and quit right after Cataclysm, but some of the raids (I was in a halfway decent raiding guild) and the PvP was a lot of fun (won a 6-hour long Warsong Gulch 29's two nights in a row, straight, against a twink premade group once -- winning those back to back nights was even better than the best raids, IMO).

CG characters just a step away from the 2007 film Beowulf

Except that it's paired directly alongside live action actors

God it looks miserable

pretty sure you wont be seeing Deathwing, Brutallus, Ragnaros, since this takes place before that, however there are some problems, daralan should not be a floating city yet in this part of the time line, and how can you expect to see death wing before the lich king invasion, this evolves when the orcs first came threw the dark portal to azeroth to escape there dieng world, ( now out lands ) keep mind there is 2 timelines this movie looks to be following the original time line which would lead up to cataclysm where we see deathwing. hopefully this will be a trillogy. Starting with draenor we have the second timeline because garrosh hellscream went back in time and changed things. i would expect to see medivh in this movie since he was the person who convinced the orcs to travel threw the dark portal in the first place.

I really don't care about the timeline, I think this movie is going to bomb if they are making a drama with all humanoid characters which are half CGI. They could have made an amazing huge monster movie which I think would do well with audiences who don't know anything about Warcraft. And it would please the fans who do know about the lore to see all those huge monsters on the big screen

if you dont care about the time line you dont care about warcraft, why cram all that stuff into the first movie and not have anything for sequels, im not even sure if we will see Brutallus because the first time i remember seeing Brutallus was in warcraft 3 and thrall was fighting him along side grom hellscream i think and in this movie we see thrall just as a baby. i like what they are doing with this movie they are starting at the beginning and explaining how everything unfolds.

I think the audience for this is limited to Wow players. It looks awful to me, but I think the director has actually done some good movies, so maybe the trailers are just worse than the movie (but I doubt it).

CG characters just a step away from the 2007 film Beowulf

Except that it's paired directly alongside live action actors

God it looks miserable

That is what has bothered me since the first trailer. The quality of the CGI is horrible. Think we got spoiled by the LOTR movies. I look at these trailers and cringe, I don't know if I could sit through that in a movie now.

I think the audience for this is limited to Wow players. It looks awful to me, but I think the director has actually done some good movies, so maybe the trailers are just worse than the movie (but I doubt it).

Yet they showed the trailer during the AFC Championship game... trying to branch out?

Yet they showed the trailer during the AFC Championship game... trying to branch out?

I'm not watching, but as I recall, there are tons of video game ads during football games. Assuming that's right, then an add for Wow: the movie makes sense.

I'm not watching, but as I recall, there are tons of video game ads during football games. Assuming that's right, then an add for Wow: the movie makes sense.

They've been showing a longer Warcraft trailer in movie theaters for a while, now -- saw it w/"The Force Awakens" movie and w/"The Big Short" movie.

I wonder if Duncan Jones ( David Bowies Son ) the Director of this movie put in a small easter egg tribute to his father, directly or indirectly since his Father was obviously dying during the filming of this movie.

Wow, this looks terrible; isn't Blizzard known for its CG? Is someone else handling that part?

Also doesn't look so much like "WoW" , looks like the name of the movie Warcraft, where it was simply orcs and humans and that's it (maybe some demony shit) but no other races really

What is interesting to me is that there are people who actually are such fans they know the whole story.

Come on. This is a fantacy movie about a fantacy.

Movies based on video game suck, plain and simple.

It is based on Warcraft 1: Orc vs. Humans. Thing is, in the end, Stormwind is razed and the survivors flee north to Lorderon. So depending on how well they stick to the story, there may be a another. If Warcraft is a success, there is a lot of other lore that can be made in to great movies. War of the Ancients would be a trilogy.

Also, I heard that Blizzard required Duncan Jones to spend some time playing the games and reading the novels to get a better understanding of the Warcraft universe.

Also, I heard that Blizzard required Duncan Jones to spend some time playing the games and reading the novels to get a better understanding of the Warcraft universe.

Apparently he was already into WoW and geeked out about it as much as any WoW fan did. He actually convinced Blizzard to make this movie about both sides because they originally intended to make it human-centric to be more "relatable" to the audience. However, Duncan Jones argued that it was too much of a departure from the essence of WarCraft, where we often see the story from both perspectives. It's definitely something I can agree with, and hope it works out well in the movie.

It is based on Warcraft 1: Orc vs. Humans. Thing is, in the end, Stormwind is razed and the survivors flee north to Lorderon. So depending on how well they stick to the story, there may be a another. If Warcraft is a success, there is a lot of other lore that can be made in to great movies. War of the Ancients would be a trilogy.

Yeah, but they're re-writing most of the stuff from Warcraft 1 so none of it matters. They have to make the orks more emo apparently.

Ocellaris said:
I think this movie is going to bomb if they are making a drama with all humanoid characters which are half CGI.
Well, it worked for Avatar. Not saying that was a good movie, but it grossed 2.7 billion.

Wow, this looks terrible; isn't Blizzard known for its CG? Is someone else handling that part?

Legendary (Dark Knight movies, Watchmen, Pacific Rim, Interstellar, Jurassic World, Sucker Punch etc) did the CG, they were just bought by a Chinese company so I think this movie can get away without having a Chinese actor in it or shots of something in China in it, but all future movies Legendary is involved in will have both of those

What is interesting to me is that there are people who actually are such fans they know the whole story.

Come on. This is a fantacy movie about a fantacy.

Movies based on video game suck, plain and simple.

and the game is based off another game. :D

Hrm when i think awfull CG i think of the scorpion king, this movie looks amazing to me, the quailty of the orcs its the best its ever been. This looks awfull to you ?

Warcraft-Movie-Orc.jpg

Yeah, I have to agree about the eyes. The Orcs are coming off cartoonish. Also, to be honest, the effort to make them more relatable just diminishes why we should care about the story.

Hopefully its just bad trailers. There is a metric ton of lore for future movies, be a shame if some crappy CGI doomed it all to never-gonna-happen status. Maybe they should have sold themselves to Disney, seems like that's the only way to get a decent comic/game movie to get made these days.

what do you mean by relatable, the orcs arnt the bad guys, the humans where. The humans saw them as beast and eventually enslaved them all untill thrall freed them

When the game trailer looks so much better than the movie trailer, you have a problem.

The worst thing is that if this bombs then there will never be a StarCraft movie.

The worst thing about this movie is all of the misinformed people comparing it to WoW. It's based off much better RTS game and lore long before WoW messed it all up. There's no doubt WoW did well as a mmorpg but for me the RTS games and lore during that time were far superior. At least then it required some skill and brains to pull off great victories.

The worst thing about this movie is all of the misinformed people comparing it to WoW. It's based off much better RTS game and lore long before WoW messed it all up. There's no doubt WoW did well as a mmorpg but for me the RTS games and lore during that time were far superior. At least then it required some skill and brains to pull off great victories.
Right. That's definitely the worst thing about this movie..

Without seeing the movie it's the worst thing about it for me thus far. The CGI doesn't look terrible by any means so not sure what people are complaining about there either.

It probably is mostly limited to WOW players, but that's not exactly a small audience. They had over 12 million subscribers at one point and 100 million accounts created over the game's lifespan. Some of those accounts would be alts of course, but even so that's quite a large potential audience.

I wonder if Mr. T will make a cameo with his Elf Knight Mohawk? Either way, this is going to blow giant goatse.

Blizzard has no hand in anything involving the movie besides the story. All filing and CGI is done by Legendary.

what do you mean by relatable, the orcs arnt the bad guys, the humans where. The humans saw them as beast and eventually enslaved them all untill thrall freed them
Not in the original Warcraft 1 plot. The plot there was Orcs coming out of the swamps and murdering everyone + demons.

Rahh said:
Except they're not sticking to the Warcraft 1 plot, they're changing it for the movie to fit in better with WoW. A movie based on Warcraft 1 would be pretty cool. It would be humans trying to survive against orcs who want nothing than to destroy everything. Here it's obvious they're trying to portray them as the misunderstood and sensitive noble race bullshit with soap opera crap thrown in. They're pandering to the WoW crowd for sure.

Back