Warcraft 3 Reforged

I'm not going to use Battlenet just for one game. I just ordered Warcraft III Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne on eBay so I can have a permanent Battlnet-less version. The original is good enough for me.

I'm also going to purchase Warcraft I and II on GoG.

I'm not going to use Battlenet just for one game. I just ordered Warcraft III Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne on eBay so I can have a permanent Battlnet-less version. The original is good enough for me.

I'm also going to purchase Warcraft I and II on GoG.

I still have my original CDs and Books for WCIII. Never get rid of physical media. Now I just need to find the last update before this fiasco.

I still have my original CDs and Books for WCIII. Never get rid of physical media. Now I just need to find the last update before this fiasco.

I'll probably upload the install folder to the cloud. It's what, 1 or 2 GB?

Wow, what a disaster of epic proportions. Glad I didn't preorder it. I was looking forward to playing updated TowerDefense and other custom games on bnet. No point now as I doubt many will bother to make them just to turn them over to Blizzard for all rights etc.. It doesn't even seem like much of an upgrade besides character models. Guess its just single player off the install disc for me if I ever get nostalgic.

Wow, what a disaster of epic proportions. Glad I didn't preorder it. I was looking forward to playing updated TowerDefense and other custom games on bnet. No point now as I doubt many will bother to make them just to turn them over to Blizzard for all rights etc.. It doesn't even seem like much of an upgrade besides character models. Guess its just single player off the install disc for me if I ever get nostalgic.

Honestly it looks like a down grade in visuals to me.

All I care about is that it now has legit Battle.net matchmaking....

The whole "mods are owned by Blizzard" thing - ehhhhhh. Mods were never the huge deal to me that it was for so many others etc.

At least they had the foresight to allow you to choose the classic graphics (for people like me who are "old" and prefer the chunky/cartoon artstyle of the original game)

Fallout 76 deserved all the hate it got; W3.... not so much IMO.

The menu is a web app running on Chrome.
All I care about is that it now has legit Battle.net matchmaking....

The whole "mods are owned by Blizzard" thing - ehhhhhh. Mods were never the huge deal to me that it was for so many others etc.

At least they had the foresight to allow you to choose the classic graphics (for people like me who are "old" and prefer the chunky/cartoon artstyle of the original game)

Fallout 76 deserved all the hate it got; W3.... not so much IMO.
You don't care that all the campaign and map changes, making the game easier, are also in the "classic" version? You don't care that you need to purchase the $40 Reforged version to get shadows back? Stop making excuses for Blizzard. They have not been the same company of passionate developers since they merged with Activision 12 years ago.

The menu is a web app running on Chrome.

You don't care that all the campaign and map changes, making the game easier, are also in the "classic" version? You don't care that you need to purchase the $40 Reforged version to get shadows back? Stop making excuses for Blizzard. They have not been the same company of passionate developers since they merged with Activision 12 years ago.

Whoa there lol

I'm not making excuses for Blizzard. They've been a garbage company since the D3 release IMO...

https://www.warcraft3refunded.com/
Whoa there lol

I'm not making excuses for Blizzard. They've been a garbage company since the D3 release IMO...
Fair enough. Take it as advisement that this is worse than you think ;). Blizzard apologists in general are worse than Bethesda apologists, though. Seems like a lot of people who were initially pissed are already bending back over after simply promises from Blizzard that they're fixing it.

It is amazing to me that a company as massive and notorious as Blizzard just can't seem to properly finish a remaster of one of its own foundational games. It just doesn't compute, and I don't understand it lol.

I may purchase a secondhand physical copy of WCIII+FT again just for the og singleplayer experience and nostalgia's sake. Plenty of copies on the used market from the looks of it. Come to think of it, a hard copy of StarCraft would be wonderful too. I don't even remember wtf I did with my first physical copies, but they've been gone for many years.

Hopefully Blizzard will redeem themselves some with Diablo IV. Nothing they've put out in the last decade has appealed to me tbh.

Nothing they've put out in the last decade has appealed to me tbh.
They did not release many "new" games in the last decade to begin with and half of those they did are f2p so at least no monetary loss there if you don't like them

They did not release many "new" games in the last decade to begin with and half of those they did are f2p so at least no monetary loss there if you don't like them
Ya true, mostly games like Hearthstone and stuff eh? I think the last game I bought from Blizzard was StarCraft 2, and I never really got into WoW but played it a little in its early days. I loved Diablo II in the years prior to WoW's release.

It is strange how long they have gone without any major new release. I guess they've changed a lot as a company from their early years. The only one that even comes to mind is Overwatch, which is just not a game I'm that interested in...just too many other FPS games out there I'd rather play (Fortnite, Apex Legends, CSGO,...). Perhaps it's worth a shot though..

Ya true, mostly games like Hearthstone and stuff eh? I think the last game I bought from Blizzard was StarCraft 2, and I never really got into WoW but played it a little in its early days. I loved Diablo II in the years prior to WoW's release.

It is strange how long they have gone without any major new release. I guess they've changed a lot as a company from their early years. The only one that even comes to mind is Overwatch, which is just not a game I'm that interested in...just too many other FPS games out there I'd rather play (Fortnite, Apex Legends, CSGO,...). Perhaps it's worth a shot though..
6 years since Overwatch. The last time they went this long without a release was between World of Warcraft and Starcraft II. Ironically, I probably would have been much more interested in Overwatch had it stuck to the original MMO concept of Titan.

Reactions: t1k
like this
Blizzard's summer sale is on, and while you cannot pickup this game for a discount, some of their other titles have nice markdowns. I may pickup SC:Remastered+Cartooned and DIIR since they seem like pretty solid games.

Back