War Thunder Updated With NVIDIA Gameworks

5150Joker

Supreme [H]ardness
Gaijin just updated their popular War Thunder game with their newest Dagor 4.0 engine and it features a couple pretty cool Gameworks effects called Waveworks and Destruction, check it out: https://youtu.be/i135o2djHdY

Gaijin claims the new engine + NVIDIA Gameworks were tested on a variety of configurations that include AMD hardware and that it will work on even lower end systems:

The new technologies affect gameplay so they should work on all the supported platforms and configurations. If someone destroys the wall it should disappear for all players in a battle. The same can be said for realistic waves - they do not only look amazing but also interfere with sea planes when landing or taking off. We are proud that the NVIDIA Gameworks technologies in War Thunder will be available for all users, even those with low-end computers whatever platform they are operating on.

However, some benchmarks with the new GW effects on NVIDIA and AMD hardware would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
It will run poorly on AMD hardware mostly because AMD doesn't care about War Thunder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...waveworks_demonstrated_in_war_thunder/cvu9i7u

Who are we kidding? Nvidia paid him to say all of that. Richard Huddy will release a press statement tomorrow about how they offered TressFX to Gaijin last week to which Anton claims, "It was too late."

Yup, get ready for the conspiracy theories of how Gaijin is bought out by NVIDIA and they're completely lying about AMD's absent dev relations even though that's been corroborated numerous times before by other developers. As for Intel, well, they're a CPU company so I don't really expect them to take IGP gaming drivers very seriously so they kinda get a pass there.

1433892128378.jpg

WaveWorks does look awesome. But, I hate how they keep making brick buildings break apart in clean lines. Brick walls don't break like that! C'mon!

WaveWorks does look awesome. But, I hate how they keep making brick buildings break apart in clean lines. Brick walls don't break like that! C'mon!

Yeah I noticed the same thing, I suspect that's more of Gaijin's doing than GW's Destruction.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, I suspect that's more of Gaijin's doing than GW's Destruction.

All games do it that way. They just make it break in to random polygons.

If you made buildings of bricks (litterally) that are destrutable and Tier 1..all PC's would crawl to a halt.
Added physics fidelity = MASSIVE increase in the computation required.
(And then a lot of people would whine about "unoptimized engine"...the blanket excuse for when a game breaks peoples E-penis).

One of the biggest changes in this patch is the change to a physical render...not GameWorks ;)

Back