WAP Suggestions Please

pkScary

Limp Gawd
I'm in a dorm with wireless only (go figure). I have a POS linksys wireless card in my PC right now and the connection drops like crazy. I've been using a DL resumer and a 5 meg file took like 40 minutes to dl and resumed like 70 times. I want to be able to play Xbox Live and PC games (War 3 in particular, DoTA ftw). Suggestions really appreciated, and I'll probably order it today as going to the library every day for homework and not being able to play games is ftl.

By the way, the connection seems a bit weak for everyone so I'll probably need something really strong to prevent dropping.

the wireless ap's provided by your dorm are probably overloaded, so my thought is that a new wireless card isn't going to make any difference, because you're only going to get so much out of the AP's.

the wireless ap's provided by your dorm are probably overloaded, so my thought is that a new wireless card isn't going to make any difference, because you're only going to get so much out of the AP's.

Well, bloody hell, do I have to get something like Sprint's cell-phone satellite internet if I want to game then?

LoStMaTt said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E168331241 90

Something like that would be perfect. Load up DD-WRT on it and set it up for WDS which will allow you to use this router as a 4 port bridge to all of your devices plus use wireless.

Thanks, I'll probably make a decision today.

Back