Wanting to start a Q3A game with the fellas here @ [H]

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, after going through my collection, I stumbled on to the venerable classic Quake III Arena. It's just as fun as I remember it, so I figured there must be some people on here that still play so does anybody here want to get a game started here at the beginning of next week? I'll know for sure tomorrow night when because that's when my boss does the schedule, and it will have to be on a day I have off to be worth while.

Post up here if you're interested in getting your frag on!

Well, after going through my collection, I stumbled on to the venerable classic Quake III Arena. It's just as fun as I remember it, so I figured there must be some people on here that still play so does anybody here want to get a game started here at the beginning of next week? I'll know for sure tomorrow night when because that's when my boss does the schedule, and it will have to be on a day I have off to be worth while.

Post up here if you're interested in getting your frag on!

I think I'm free tomorrow night, and while I'm gonna get slaughtered, I'm up for some fragging. About what time are we talking about?

I think I'm free tomorrow night, and while I'm gonna get slaughtered, I'm up for some fragging. About what time are we talking about?

Well I have Mon-Wed off, so we just need to get more people signed up, and then a date and time can be set. I certanly expected more people to post up and say "I'm game" though.

Guess Q3A has seriously waned in popularity... :(

SHIT yeah.. PM me with details.. Have my q3a key here, with two copies of TA..

What is the maximum amount of players you can do in a Q3A deathmatch again? 16 or was it 32?

It's on for tomorrow night. I'm thinking 7-ish eastern time. Thanks to those who already said "it's on" but four or five isn't enough! Come on guys, we need MOAR people!

I'll be up for some fragging, haven't played Q3A in some time and I think its time for some nostalgia. Just give me the server details and the time you guys are playing. I'm way over in Hawaii so your guy's night will be my midday.

Im in...Ive barely even played the game but I have a copy lol. Was mostly a UT player.

I'm good most days after 9pm, anyone that wants to play can post a time and I'll meet them if I can :)

I'm down, I hope I'm not the only one who's rusty :p I'm an evening/night owl too, which is what kept me from most of my clan practice. I get about 110ms to OverDrive which is playable but back in the day I demanded sub 50 :D Memories of RA3 flooding back. I never did get the TA expansion.

I'm down. I love Q3A but haven't played it in a while. "H" needs an xfire group or something that way everyone can hook up and game.

If I can find my q3a cd/key I will try to join ya, have not played that game in years, used to love it lots :)

I'm in. I haven't played Quake III in a few years but I played it a ton when it first came out. Maybe after this we can do something similar and all meet up in Unreal Tournament? I'm much more of a UT fan but love both games.

Hey If I'm not called into work, I'm gonna try join you all! Ive gotta setup my cfg again, but it shouldn't take long. How long from now is this on? like 2 - 3 hours? I hope I ping well :eek:

Okay guys. I've just got things situated on my Vista install, and I'm going to toss on Q3A now. I'll bounce back when I have an IP address for you guys, unless one of you wants to start a server. I'm going to be doing the rounds and sending PMs to everyone who's posted in this thread to get this thing organized and get the fragfest started. I'm basically ready anytime unless I run into problems.

This is going to be w00t. :D

EDIT: I've PMed everybody, so I'm just waiting to hear back from all of you. Make sure you have the 1.32 point release installed. That will be the version that I will be running. Post up here so we can get this MoFo rolling.

I've played too much QuakeWorld and now I suck at Q3A, but I'd definitely be up for a stock game!

I get

cannot open opengl sub system

when I try to launch q3

running system in sig, vista 64

wonder if its trying to run at my old res (install from years ago) 1920x1200, my screen now is 1920x1080
how do I revert it back to defaults?

I get

cannot open opengl sub system

when I try to launch q3

running system in sig, vista 64

wonder if its trying to run at my old res (install from years ago) 1920x1200, my screen now is 1920x1080
how do I revert it back to defaults?

Try re-installing and installing the 1.32 point release. Works fine for me under Ultimate x64.

Try re-installing and installing the 1.32 point release. Works fine for me under Ultimate x64.

Let me see if I can find my cd :)

found it, says setup.exe is not compatible with this version of windows, any way around that?

Let me see if I can find my cd :)

found it, says setup.exe is not compatible with this version of windows, any way around that?

Open up your drive that has the Q3A disc and double click demo32.exe - you should be good to go.

get it off steam.. its cheap, and you have a q3 copy you will never scratch! ;)

good idea, let me see how much they want for it :)

*blah 20 bucks.. not worth it since I may never play it again lol

next time I see it in a store for 9.99 I will pick it up.

just pick a server thats already up and go there... Weather someone creates it, or we all jump on a pub, the pings will all vary regardless... besides a good pub server would most likely be more stable? I dunno.

Can't find any decent servers. Any suggestions? I may have to postpone this until I can get another system up next week. :(

Err... ok.. I really hope we dont get more than 20 players.. this is q3DM? A deathmatch in any game with more than 18 players is just overkill lol. I also can't find this server in this list.. I'm refreshing again.

Back