Wanting to replace monitor but so many choices

TheGardenTool

2[H]4U
Wanting to replace my Dell U2711 as I’ve really gotten away from any serious color work and anything that I do now is fine if it’s a bit off. It’s also missing some of the more modern amenities.

I want to definitely increase my refresh rate. I had to make a decision when I went with this one what was most important and at the time it was color, resolution, and price. The high refresh IPS 1440p were either the Korean B panel producers, or a few high $$$ models. So I compromised with the tried and true Dell.

I don’t want to go down in vertical resolution at all.

I think ultrawide screen would have benefits for some of the games and genres I regularly play. I think the 34/35” would be the widest I could go with my current available space though.

Is 4k beneficial at 27/32”? I saw a PG27uq used on Facebook Marketplace in another state a few weeks back at a great price. Now I know it has some drawbacks since with HDR there’s no way to do above like 92fps with 4:4:4 color space. At the same time I’m not sure I’d be looking to push 4k higher than that right now with the available GPUs. And I don’t think any games I’ve been playing have HDR anyway. And of course would be needing to wait out another good deal either shipped or more local and that’s hit and miss.

With any display I’d be looking at replacing the Fury X with something more current. Maybe a used 1080ti price level. And I guess Nvidia or AMD would just depend on what the display supports as far as VRR. Unlikely to use it for anything other than the PC as well. Consoles are all on TVs around the house.

It’s just overwhelming the number of choices there are now.

For your needs I'd suggest you consider buying two of these: ViewSonic XG270QC 27" WQHD 165Hz Curved Gaming Monitor with FreeSync Premium Pro

• 165HZ REFRESH RATE: With a swift 165Hz* refresh rate, this monitor delivers greater visual fluidity and awesome graphics no matter how quickly the in-game action unfolds. Say goodbye to annoying tracers and motion blur, and up your A-game with the smoothest visuals possible.
    [*]ULTRA-FAST RESPONSE TIME: Ultra-fast 1ms (MPRT) response time delivers smooth images while minimizing motion blur and ghosting. During fast-paced action sequences, you'll be glad your monitor reacts as quickly as you do.
    [*]AMD FREESYNC PREMIUM PRO: AMD FreeSync Premium Pro (previously known as FreeSync 2 HDR) technology provides a true high dynamic range (HDR) gaming experience. Enjoy a combination of smooth gaming at peak performance, low latency, and exceptional HDR visuals.
    [*]PUREXP MOTION BLUR REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY: PureXP Motion Blur Reduction technology utilizes backlight strobing, drastically improving left-to-right motion image clarity for clear visuals in quick-moving objects. Experience ultra-smooth graphics even during fast, action-packed gaming scenarios.
    [*]ELITE RGB LIGHTING: Dynamic RGB lighting delivers a captivating backdrop to any gaming setup. For complete gaming illumination, ELITE RGB also syncs with other RGB peripherals. That means you can connect with your current RGB ecosystem without bogging down your PC with additional software.
    [*]QHD RESOLUTION: At four times the resolution of a traditional 720p panel, and almost double that of a traditional 1080p display, QHD results in a much sharper image, with no distortion or stretching, all while maintaining the same 16:9 aspect ratio.
    [*]DUAL INTEGRATED SPEAKERS: Designed with dual integrated speakers, this monitor combines incredible screen performance with stereo sound for an immersive multimedia experience.

For your needs I'd suggest you consider buying two of these: ViewSonic XG270QC 27" WQHD 165Hz Curved Gaming Monitor with FreeSync Premium Pro

Unfortunately, no room for 2 27s else I would just get 1 high refresh 27 and then keep the U2711 just in case I needed it.

Unfortunately, no room for 2 27s else I would just get 1 high refresh 27 and then keep the U2711 just in case I needed it.

In that case I strongly recommend you check out:

Sceptre 32" QHD 1440p 2560x1440 LED Monitor HDMI DisplayPort up to 85Hz Build-in Speakers Blue Light Shift, Machine Black 2020 (E325W-2560AD)

Here's a top review.

"Stunning Display - Best I have ever seen!!!"
This is the fourth monitor I have purchased in the past month. The other 3 went back. Do not listen to reviews that tell you the best display is an IPS panel. IPS panels look like trash. On a black screen you will see bright white coming through around the whole perimeter of the display. This monitor is GORGEOUS. Deep black, even blacks, bright white whites. It is PERFECT. I went into display settings and boosted everything up to 125% so the icons werent tiny and this thing is so clear it looks like I am looking at a giant Ipad Pro at 32". No dead pixel. The speakers are like all monitor speakers, useless, but I didnt but it for the speakers. FIVE STARS. Once you see 2k, you will never go back to 1080p.

This display is going to be easy on your wallet as well. I recommend you buy it from Amazon.com and they have new stock coming in June 23.

Back