Wanting to OC my 7800GT more..

Chix4mat

Gawd
Hey all,

Even though this card is still fast, I would love it if I could push the overclock further. The best overclock I can muster is 480/1.15. I see others hitting 500 and higher core, but can't understand why I can't get an inch past 480.

Whenever I try to push it further, it just disallows it because it did not pass the driver test. The card is being water cooled, and the max temp is hit after a Q4 run was 51ºC.

Is there anything I can even do to try to push it further? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You can use Rivatuner to bypass the driver stablity test.

Maybe meddle with the bios a lil.

if your feeling adventureous theres always volt modding.

Oh, I didn't know I could surpass the driver limit with RivaTuner. I will look at the settings in there.

I since remembered that my PC has a 400w currently, which could be part of the problem, if not all of it. I'm going to look into getting a larger PSU soon. I feel like a noob.. that was likely the entire problem.

Chix4mat said:
Oh, I didn't know I could surpass the driver limit with RivaTuner. I will look at the settings in there.

I since remembered that my PC has a 400w currently, which could be part of the problem, if not all of it. I'm going to look into getting a larger PSU soon. I feel like a noob.. that was likely the entire problem.

400 watts is more than enough if you have a quality psu.

Back