Wanted a new tablet, but...

Gomar

Limp Gawd
I bought my tablet from Best Buy, Android 6.0, 10", for just $80. Had it for 2 years.
Then, it started to malfunction; nothing downloaded, apps disappeared, slow, rebooted for no reason, overheated and shut off, etc. So, I was so fedup I wanted to smash it with a hammer, and just buy a new tablet.
But...
...then, I decided to reset it to factory settings. I did so, all the apps and settings were gone, but heck, it works like brand new now! I am now downloading my apps again, have formatted SD to external storage instead of internal, and all is back to normal.

Not an unusual case, it happens all the time. Android doesn't really clean up after itself very well so, a factory reset once or twice a year, or even more often if you're so inclined keeps devices running very smoothly indeed. Google allows you to choose the backup option which automagically restores all the apps and most all of the data for those apps after a factory reset if you allow that option so it's not like you really do have to manually reinstall everything - if you choose that option then at some point, usually within a few minutes, of signing back into your Google account after that factory reset will get everything restored when that process begins.

A 2 year old tablet nowadays will feel slower more because when you compare it to new(er) devices the clockspeed differences and some other aspects of how Android is maturing might make it still seem slow. We're in a race to make everything faster and faster so, just because something is older doesn't necessarily mean it's not useful anymore - the speed differences that people take note of are because of more psychological reasons than anything else aka "it sure feels slower" which is what happens in such situations comparing brand new devices to older ones. Yes technology itself does tend to get faster but again people notice things because of experience with them which is where the "it feels slower" comes from.

Reactions: Gomar
like this
Back