Want to stop my bootup folding console thingy

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
Hey, i downloaded someones console no GUI enabled folding thing, but i dont want it running anymore and i cant figure out how to remove it completely. My fault for not knowing how to remove something i install =\

Have you tried add/remove programs in the Control Panel? It may be listed there.

Not that you should uninstall -- it really doesn't hurt performance. I know cause I finished Doom3 last night while the folding client was running.

:eek:

u cant uninstall it... no matter what... its like a virus... soon it will reproduce and make its way into your brain, where it will then make u buy more hardware to feed its offspring...

so here's what u do...just wait for it to happen... cant do anything!!

...or go to ur control panel and check if its there. if not, just delete all the folder pertaining to it. aka where ever u downloaded it into.

the console version is just an exe and some folders. just kill them and you will be fine

If you installed the console version as a service (NT/2000/XP only) then disabling the service will do the trick.
If it is not installed as a service, simply remove the shortcut from your startup folder.
Let me know if you need more specific instrictions.

Better yet just don't look at the screen and you won't know that it's running. Might as well be uninstalled for all you'll know. ;)

Mind if I ask why you are removing it? If you've had trouble with it there is usually one or two of us in the forum sober enough to help out at any given time. We don't bite plus you'll be helping us do a good thing if you keep it running. If it's just a matter of not wanting to see the icon we can fix that too, even if it's windoze98. All ya gotta do is ask. :)

pageian said:
there is usually one or two of us in the forum sober

This is not true. Don't worry about the rest of the post though, it's correct. I just don't know why this part is in there though. :p

Perhaps the post should read:
There is occasion when we post sober, once or twice.

Sobriety is for people who can't handle scotch

Or in the immortal words of Frank Sinatra, quote:

" I fell sorry for people who don't drink. 'cause when they get-up in the morning, that's as

good as they're gonna feel all day." :D :D

thanx bro..we'll see what happens, maybe it'll miss us and just get close enough to make some killer waves that i can jump on my jet-ski :D ... and the damn hurricanes are playing fsu on monday... coinsidence? i think not, hurricanes are gonna crush fsu w00t!

Ok.

I shipped the damn box Monday. Due to arrive in Miami Thursday. When the storm hits! :eek:

On a positive note, good for the lobster picking.

Wave Riding? Ha Ha!

May the wave rise-up to meet you then jorge :p

GL

lol gg thread hijacking...

well i tried to delete the folder, no luck, says i access denied to this one dumb file. Also, i dont want to STOP folding, its just that this thing was some app some guy posted that helps HIS folding stats....i want to help my own and team 33 aka hardocp.

so far i got all 7 of my families computers on it, and counting...

yeah ok, it was some app from a guy named wedo, thats his folding name and his for team 32!!!! i need to stop it from booting up on startup i hate disabling it everytime.

I found the folder but it wont let me delete the folder because of srvany.exe access denied...wtf...

maybe go to msconfig and see if you can disable it at startup.... or it it's a service, go to the services and disable it there.... then it won't start......

and by all means, get rid of anything that doesn't say Team 33 in it!!!

Keep on Folding!!

Or better yet.
Reconfigure it to fold in your name for team 33 and join the [H]orde.

Luck............ :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

yah, i got the rest of my puters on the [H]orde but my own main rig is bugged by this damn thing...trying it out now.

Shut the client down.
Delete the work folder and the queue.dat file.
Look for a client.cfg file.
If you find one the delete it.
Then look in the Registry for HKLM\Software\PandreGroup\Folding@Home.
Again delete this key.
Without the .cfg file and reg key the next time you start the client it should run a new config.

Or shut the client down.
Make a new shortcut.
Add the -config flag to the target line.
Start from the new shortcut.
Again it should run a new config.

Do you know how you picked up F@H configured this way ?

Luck.......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

SmokeRngs said:
This is not true. Don't worry about the rest of the post though, it's correct. I just don't know why this part is in there though. :p

Hey, I said sober enough , I never said anything about not having blood in my alcohol stream. ;)

Back