Want to move up from NEC 20WGX^2Pro

Luggage

n00b
I have and love the NEC but I'd like to move up in size.

Atm HP LP2475W, NEC 24WMGX3, LG W2600HP-BF all cost about the same here...

Ideally I'd save up for the 2490WUXI but it's twice the money and overkill when I don't make my money in front of the computer any more. (or the ACD LED 24 but I don't feel like buying another 4870 just to get a DP and the adapter on top of that...)

I still game, use photoshop and mess with web and graphics though so I'd like to stay away from TN-panels.

Hazro, DS and Planar doesn't seem to sell in Sweden.
Might the LG W2420P be worth waiting for?

I have a NEC 20WMGX2....and I've found that there is nothing in the 20" category better than what I have, and moving up in size (while keeping similar quality) can get quite expensive in a hurry.:eek: I plan on riding the old girl until she passes out from exhaustion...and hopefully prices for a 24" IPS/P-MVA will be more reasonable by then.

edit- I have mine plugged into my home cable system and use it as a tv in my study. I've gotten quite used to that so I would have to figure in the cost of a tuner card/remote in the purchase of a new monitor.

$500 for an HP LP2475W seems pretty reasonable to me. Anyway,I definitely think you should consider waiting
for the new LG 24" ips with the standard gamut. They will be released in about a month or so in Europe.

They just lowered the 24WMGX3 to $490 so I placed an order, still have the 20WGX if gaming on the new one turns out horrible :)

For reference price of the LP2475W is $738 and the 2490WUXI is $1 385 ...

Yes we get r**ed on hardware prices in Sweden, specially now with a weak currency.

Joemama: the M version didn't sell in Europe, probably because of PAL? But I had a tuner card untill I upgraded to Vista and moved to another cable provider.

Back