Want to install 7th HDD in Antec P180b

theTIK

Gawd
I have an Antec P180b case and I wish to install a 7th internal hard drive. The only way I can figure to do this is to buy a PCI express sata card (since my motherboard also only as 6 sata ports), and mount the drive in a 5.25 drive bay.

I have been looking at the racks that slide into the bay with a fan but I do not know if the case front door will close with one of those. I have also been looking at the brackets to just put it in there, but I don't know if the hard drive will get too hot that way since there is no fan directly blowing on it and no vent in front of it (unless I just left the black cover off the bay which would look horrible). Possibly they sell vented drive bay covers compatible with this case? I also think that maybe if I just take those tab things that you screw into the hard drives that go inside the case maybe it will slide right into the 5.25 drive bay without buying any special brackets.

Does anyone have any recommendations that are compatible with my case?

Why waste your time and money? Get rid of the maxtor sata1. Buy 1TB seagate 7200.11. Done and done.

You could use one of those cages that let you put a 3,5" HDD in a 5,25" Slot. I think Zalman has something like that.

EDIT: Oh, you said that already. Well, that would be an idea, but I would rather reduce the amount of HDDs than try to fit another one in. Better in the long run.

Ok I think you guys have convinced me to replace the 300GB drive with a 1 TB, it is my oldest drive and I use it for bittorrent so who knows when it will go bad.

Back