Want to go old school and remove Asus AI suite.

djgizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, after a scare the yesterday day (due to the AI suite really messing up my cpu voltage), I'd like to remove it completely and just OC from the bios.

Is there any instructions on how to remove the AI suite and just set things from the bios instead?

Should be able to remove it in control panel add/remove programs and then set everything up in BIOS. No special steps really required.... unless you're nervous about registry entries left behind, then you could use an uninstaller like Revo or something.

I uninstalled mine a while back through the normal Programs - Uninstall method and it seemed to uninstall completely with no issues.

What's wrong with it? Must have been too engrossed in the whole ocean marketing fiasco today and missed the thread

Hey Ticker, in short, I set an OC profile, and somehow it jumped the the CPU voltage to 1.44. (I never choose to move it to that. I'm 110% positive) This caused my old OCZ psu to go hary cary and basically scare the shit out of me. (smoked).

Not risking a mistake like that again.

Should be able to remove it in control panel add/remove programs and then set everything up in BIOS. No special steps really required.... unless you're nervous about registry entries left behind, then you could use an uninstaller like Revo or something.

Are you sure that worked? I had to remove it, delete files, and it still left 2 running services behind. It actually took me quite a bit of work to remove it completely.

Hey Ticker, in short, I set an OC profile, and somehow it jumped the the CPU voltage to 1.44. (I never choose to move it to that. I'm 110% positive) This caused my old OCZ psu to go hary cary and basically scare the shit out of me. (smoked).

Not risking a mistake like that again.
You had me curious so I did some checking. Using the Antec power supply calculator I compared the wattage drained by a 2600k at different voltage levels.

Assuming a 4.2 GHz clock speed (this is the speed listed in your sig) and a 90% TDP

1.25 volts = 117 watts
1.3 volts = 127 watts
1.35 volts = 137 watts
1.4 volts = 147 watts
1.44 volts = 156 watts

Assuming your CPU was supposed to be at 1.3 - 1.35 volts, your wattage only increased by 19 to 29 watts when it accidentally jumped to 1.44 volts. I bet your power supply was on the fringe of failing anyway. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Are you sure that worked? I had to remove it, delete files, and it still left 2 running services behind. It actually took me quite a bit of work to remove it completely.

That's why I said "should". :cool:

Some versions seem more problematic that others. I've had 4 that I know of and 2 were hard to remove but the most recent version was easy.

You had me curious so I did some checking. Using the Antec power supply calculator I compared the wattage drained by a 2600k at different voltage levels.

Assuming a 4.2 GHz clock speed (this is the speed listed in your sig) and a 90% TDP

1.25 volts = 117 watts
1.3 volts = 127 watts
1.35 volts = 137 watts
1.4 volts = 147 watts
1.44 volts = 156 watts

Assuming your CPU was supposed to be at 1.3 - 1.35 volts, your wattage only increased by 19 to 29 watts when it accidentally jumped to 1.44 volts. I bet your power supply was on the fringe of failing anyway. Just a thought.

You're probably right. It's been replaced now with a TX650 V2 psu. Great power... noisy fan even with low power draw.

Back