Want to build new PC - Need some advice

Swede88

Lurker
I know new hardware is being released next month and prices should drop. However, I'm not looking to build a top of the line system so I don't think waiting is going to make much difference and plus I could use the computer now. Something in between the mid to high range. Around $1500 or so is about my budget (it's flexible)

Tower: I've used full ATX in the past. Currently have a mid ATX tower. Would like something smaller than a mid ATX. Any significant disadvantage to micro or mini ATX? If so, I'll go back to mid ATX.
CPU: Looking at the i5-10400-i5 and Ryzen 5 3600. No streaming or other intensive use anticipated outside of gaming. It would be more work related. For the CPU cooler, a fan should work just fine, correct? I'm behind on the ins/outs of CPU's currently.
GPU: This is a big problem for me. I haven't kept up with the recent developments, but know there have been issues with supply and demand, scalping, etc. Solely relying on a recommendation for this. Not looking to game at 4K with ultra settings with AAA titles or anything like that.
Monitor: I'm used to 2560x1440, 144 Hz with Gsync and it would be hard for me to go back. I would like a monitor with these features. Have had ACER and AOC in the past. Open to other models.
RAM: Thinking of 32 GB (16x2) DDR4-3600 CL16
Storage: Probably going to go with a Samsung EVO 500 GB or 1 TB. No need for secondary storage

I can figure out the keyboard, mouse, speakers myself.

I do need a WIFI adapter or have it included on the MOBO. Not sure of the pros/cons of this.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Chelica

2[H]4U
Case: I would suggest at least a Mid-ATX simply because you will have more options to build a budget rig with a case that will allow you to fit close to all, if not all the different types of boards. If you go with a Mini ATX form factor, you will only have a limited selection of Mini ATX board and those are usually a bit more expensive. Budget around $100, depending on your taste.
CPU: The 3600 or the if you want the Intel route, go with the 10600K (Depending on budget). CPU and cooler combo can be around $300 or so.
GPU: Wait a bit when the new cards (3070 and the AMD options) are released. You can either snag one of those or get the current gen of cards like the 2060S/2070S/5700XT for a deal. You can go as low as $300, all the way up to $500.
Monitor: Can you use your current monitor? That sounds like a pretty good one. The $1500 budget, does that include the monitor, or not?
RAM: That should be doable and will cost around $120.
Storage: 1TB should be doable within that budget. Budget around $120 or so for a good 1TB like the Western Digital Blue.

Here's a quick cut: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YdwHNP