Want some 120mm fans! Questions!!!

AMDXP

2[H]4U
58508466.png

I finally got my Q6600 up to 3.6 (9*402) at 1.3550 volts stable. I think I've got really lucky with this proc and maxed it out on air for now. It idles around 45*c between cores 0 and 1. I'd like to do a push/pull method on my xigmatek and was wondering if they sell those rubber heatsink mounts on newegg. The ones that came with the xigmatek stock fan. The name is escaping me...

I also moved my side 92mm fan off the side of my case since it was being blocked by my heatsink and stuck it between my two Hard Drives. I noticed this brought down my 8800GT temps by about 5*C and is actually bringing more air flow over my HDD combined with the 120mm in the front....

Anyway, I was wondering what some good/stylish fans in 120mm are..

I was looking at these coolmaster fans, with the red glow to add a small touch of flare.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_re=cool_master_120mm-_-35-103-063-_-Product

Above is my a picture of my case so you can see what I mean.. by sticking my fan between my two HDD.

Thanks in advance!

The rubber fan mounts that come with the xiggy's will have to be requested through Xigmatek themselves. I had 2 rubber mounts break on me and after extensive searching everywhere there was none to be bought. Here's the link to what I think you're looking for http://www.xigmatek.com/product/accessory-afkr5251.php I had to contact customer support to ask them if I could buy a pack, but the rep told me that they don't sell them and they will soon be selling them and he ended up sending me a couple of those rubber fan mounts for free.

Is there a place to mount a fan on the other side of the heatsink for push/pull?

Is there a place to mount a fan on the other side of the heatsink for push/pull?

He may have to rig something up, since from the pic it doesn't look like it. Wire/zip-ties/rubberbands can be used. Get creative.

For 120 fans, I'd go with Scythe Gentle Typhoon. No lights or anything, but they're a much higher quality fan than the sleeve-bearing fan you linked to. They're pretty universally liked, and they can be found for 14.79 to 14.99 depending on the store. The Google Shopping thing is what I tend to use for price comparisons.

What about the classic S-Flex Scythe fans? The E and the F are both pretty quiet.

Gentle Typhoons are better at moving air through restrictions such as radiators, filters, and heatsink fins.

Back