Want mATX but B350 is confusing?

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
So let me get this straight. There are going to be boards on X370 and B350.

To my understanding you get a few less USB ports (whooptie doo) you have hubs for that.

YOu also get Xfire but NO SLI.

Here's my main question... do you get overclocking?

I am wanting to couple the board with 1700X.

I have seen all kind of charts but I would hate to get a board home in a few days just to find out it wont overclock. I aim to get the highest end mATX I can get my fingers on.

I do not need SLI or Xfire. And I do not need a huge CaseLabs TH10 taking up half my office anymore either.

Looking to get a smaller cube case and watercool the CPU and GPU with a custom loop in a case that is one quarter the size and is quiet.

my understanding is that overclocking works but there is no option to split the x16 slot into two x8 slots for SLI.

my understanding is that overclocking works but there is no option to split the x16 slot into two x8 slots for SLI.

If that is it then I will go with my plan to build a high powered mATX system. I have to be sure to get a board that supports m.2 for nVME

yeah the oc'ing should work. From what I read though, most of the 8c/16t cpus though will pull a ton of power through the vrm's and may cause issues with more than a mild/moderate overclock. I think that's why from the leaks you see the very beefy X370 boards like the TaiChi Asrock and the Asus Crossfire doing the higher oc's.

I think some of the higher end mATX boards are pretty beefy too.

I mean if I have to go with ATX I will, I do have a TH10 by case labs but its so damn overkill. Plus at this stage in my life I want a whisper quiet watercooled cube sized PC. Not 7 x 120cm Radiator fans running and an additional 8 more 120cm case fans running at the same time. I built the TH10 box for my 3930K when I had 4x AMD Radeon R290X Gpus in Crossfire back in the day. It had an antec Tru Power blue powering the system and a Corsair AX1200 powering just the GPU's

It was a badass system but one GTX980ti can outrun that older system that had 4 gpus in it.

I already put in a pre-order with Amazon for some Ryzen bits to update my 4770k HTPC (in an NCASE M1). I ended up pulling the trigger on a Ryzen 1700 (base model) and an Asus B350m. With a GPU and a M.2 it should be more than enough for most everything I need to do. I'm going for reliability and quiet, not OC benchmarking.

I already put in a pre-order with Amazon for some Ryzen bits to update my 4770k HTPC (in an NCASE M1). I ended up pulling the trigger on a Ryzen 1700 (base model) and an Asus B350m. With a GPU and a M.2 it should be more than enough for most everything I need to do. I'm going for reliability and quiet, not OC benchmarking.

How is that Asus B350 (matx) going to fit in a ncase m1?

At last AMD moves to proprietary system to monetize the paradigm shift. Just kidding. Could be done with BIOS update.

Back