Want a new media streaming device, how's the roku?

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
So right now in my upstairs living room I have a wdtv live hooked up to my 50". Thing "works" but it is a huge pain in the ass, it doesn't remember my YouTube sign in so I have to resign in on a separate device to get my subscriptions/watch laters. It also doesn't offer good streaming apps like plex and the worst is if you leave it power on for longer than 7 hours it locks up forcing you to unplug it to get it going lol

So needless to say I want a new streaming stick and the roku devices look nice, how are they? All I really want is plex for my home media streaming, Netflix, YouTube and a good radio app (like TuneIn).

Is there any difference between the 2015 versions of the roku 2 and 3 except the remote? I honestly hate the idea of a wifi remote as it makes my universal ir useless, I like having 1 remote for tv and device which I think is one of the "upgrades" of the 3 lol

I have a Roku 3, 4 and Ultra on order. These boxes work great. Easy to setup and use.

I'd wait for the Ultra and get that if you have a need for 4K and HDR support. Otherwise, the 3 is fantastic.

I have a Roku 3, 4 and Ultra on order. These boxes work great. Easy to setup and use.

I'd wait for the Ultra and get that if you have a need for 4K and HDR support. Otherwise, the 3 is fantastic.
My current tv in my living room this one will go to is a old rear projection that only does 780p/1080i so no worries about that lol. Think I'm going to grab the roku 2, the 2015 versions it has the exact same hardware with the only difference being the remote on the 3 is wifi direct and support audio. Might as well save the $30 since I'm using a universal remote anyways

My current tv in my living room this one will go to is a old rear projection that only does 780p/1080i so no worries about that lol. Think I'm going to grab the roku 2, the 2015 versions it has the exact same hardware with the only difference being the remote on the 3 is wifi direct and support audio. Might as well save the $30 since I'm using a universal remote anyways

Does the TV have HDMI or still DVI? Just be sure that HDCP isn't an issue (may not know until you plug it in).

*may not apply, just something to think about since you mentioned 1080i which is like 100 years old at this point :)

Does the TV have HDMI or still DVI? Just be sure that HDCP isn't an issue (may not know until you plug it in).

*may not apply, just something to think about since you mentioned 1080i which is like 100 years old at this point :)
Haha ya 1 hdmi, the wdtv live box that streams to it over hdmi has had no issues so far so hopefully it doesn't either

I have 2 Roku3s in my house and love them. Haven't had any issues with them. Mainly use them for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Plex. Neighbors behind us ended up buying one on my recommendation and they love theirs too. I bought one for my parents like 2 years ago and they use it in their bed room.

The Roku3 has been on sale at couple places(Walmart and Kohl's) for $50 in last month or so.

I have the roku 4 and I'm liking it thus far. I am thinking of doing a media PC in addition to it.

Back