Want a good laugh? Read the Presler EE Reviews at NewEgg

Thats great, ruin our chance of getting ANY even halfway knowledgeable reviews on newegg. I hate people like that.

I liked this-

"I had a Core 2 E6600 and, while I could overclock that pretty good, it could never equal this speed. Its true that you get what you pay for. The Core2's are just not as fast as this. You will probably never see one that can go over 4ghz."

Even though an E6600 at 1ghz is probably faster than a P4EE at 4ghz.

The question is... who is behind this? Intel or Newegg ;)

or bush. i blame bush for everything. :p

i liked the one from philbrown..

These were some of my favs:

"Don't listen to mkohutek or meeka they don't know what they are talking about. More GHZ means more performance no matter what. This cpu has more transistors to so it can do more things in a clock cycle."

"The fastest processor currently on the market. You can't trust random benchmarks from the tech websites since they don't measure real world performance. That's all that matters. I got tricked into getting the Core 2 X6800 by what everyone else was saying and when using both my PCs side-by-side, this one is defintely faster even though it has less RAM. Dont' wait, buy before they are discontinued. The Core line of CPUs won't be faster than this until they release quad cores to the masses. It might even take 8 cores to match this beast."

"There are no cons to 7.46 gigahertz of power. I don't want a bus. I want a ferrari. Lets have Ferrari cake and eat it too!!!!! There can never be a core to top the pressler core. That is where the future is. Intel will see that their slow core2s do not cut it when you compare the speed to 7.46. Its hard to describe the fastness. Imagine a fighter jet playing guitar and you will picture how fast it is."

Something tells me those reviews are fake, there's too many "LOL ZOMG I lost my viginity it's so fast!!" reviews. Though I gotta wonder what kinda of nobcoblin(s) would waste so much time with this pointless horseshit?

Yiffy said:
Something tells me those reviews are fake, there's too many "LOL ZOMG I lost my viginity it's so fast!!" reviews. Though I gotta wonder what kinda of nobcoblin(s) would waste so much time with this pointless horseshit?

UH..YEA!!

Of course they are fake.. This has been done before.. some group likes to do this on amazon and newegg..

this is almost as good as the thread about the stuck floppy drive in the p180....

good laughs today :p :D

Astrogiblet said:
Thats great, ruin our chance of getting ANY even halfway knowledgeable reviews on newegg. I hate people like that.

LOL.... like that was ever a possiblity :rolleyes: If you are using ANY review from the egg or any other retailer to make hardware decisions.... well.. never mind...

Im gonna return my Conroe for a Pressler. I want to be that excited about something. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to buy one then offer a trade for a QX6700 straight up and see if someone will bite on it because of the 3.73Ghz of mind blowing power.

pretty lame way to try and unload product (no proof of that of course, but hmmf.)

Yiffy said:

Congratulations on your promotion to captain, lieutenant Obvious. :)

I found it hilarious that in all 47 five "egg" I didn't find one that looked to me like it was "legit".....

:rolleyes:

Yeah it just goes with all that I hear from my family. Because everyone knows that more GHz is better. I have an aunt that thinks she knows it all about computers and thinks my little 2.0 A64 cant hold a candle to her 2.8 intel because 2.8>2.0. People will buy it until it sells out because popular belief is that more is better.

I just have to wonder if its some gag group doing this or the Egg trying to sell the CPU. Because I glanced at the Opteron reviews when I grabbed my 170 and there are a bunch in there saying that the whole core 2 being better thing is a marketing scam by intel and that the opterons are faster then the Core 2s. Oh Well you if believe the reviews on Newegg I guess thats your lose.

Its just like my roommate who believes the reviews on amazon.

Edit found my Favorite:
Hyper-Thread in a Newegg Review said:
Other Thoughts: Remember, this is not a pentium4 processor, its a pentium extreme edition 965 presler.

My favorite:

FASTER THAN LIGHT

Pros: This is the processor maximus which is above all comparison. Teh internet has not ever been so explored by the speed of the processor. I can't describe it because its amazoing.

Cons: A little bit hot because of the extreme speed.

Other Thoughts: This is an trooly an extreme processor. There is no else to be said.

Other Thoughts: This is the processor of the future. The Core 2 cannot compare.
..Tell that to Intel. If it's the processor of the future why are they EOL'd (at least the Netburst architecture in general, not sure re: this particular one)? And Core2 Duo/Quad the ones still being developed. :rolleyes:

..and...

Other Thoughts: ROFL my Waffle this is fast at its fastest. You will not hear, nor see, anything as fast in the near future. This takes the cake in ETL, Podcasting, EDI, Blogging, myspacing, and data integration. Noone can do it better.
You'd think if there were some viral marketing going on that those involved would hire some more competent people that knew their asses from a hole in the ground. Podcasting? Blogging? MyFagging? WTF does any of that have to do with speed of a proc? Ridiculous.

[edit] /me thinks Newegg should ditch the ratings system entirely; they are 99% CRAP...They would certainly lower their bandwidth costs by cutting all this tripe from their webservers as well.

kush said:
You'd think if there were some viral marketing going on that those involved would hire some more competent people that knew their asses from a hole in the ground. Podcasting? Blogging? MyFagging? WTF does any of that have to do with speed of a proc? Ridiculous.

I think it's a joke ;)

I'm not sure this is viral marketing by Intel, what would they have to gain? Newegg already bought their chips and they're trying to squash the mhz myth to get people to buy their new chips over their faster clocked p4's...

Newegg though, maybe.

Pros: Only one word is necessary: FAST! I upgraded from a P4 3.4Mhz and this is completely much faster. Intel is really on a roll lately.

Cons: Absolutely none, buy this NOW and stop getting all those blue screens of death from your old processor.

Other Thoughts: *This chip almost feels like it came from the future*

I lol'ed
A good laugh, all of them.

Talonz said:
I think it's a joke ;)
I think most of them are just jokes. Anyone stupid enough to actually write that would have already spent all their money on magic beans.

Newegg should enhance the offer some:

But wait, there's more! If you act now, we'll send you this set of helium filled steak knives! You'll never get carpal tunnel or bursitis during that dry tough steak again. :p

It's really neat that you could actually build an entire C2D system for what that CPU costs, and spank that Presler back to the future where it came from.

Wow, This is just ridiculous.

"Pros: I don't know how anybody can ignore this, but this processor is clocked at 3.73 GHz whereas the Core 2s aren't even clocked at 3ghz. OBVIOUSLY this is gonna be faster! Intel is making big mistake by thinking people won't notice that the new processors are so much slower. I mean, some of those new ones are only 2Ghz! I am extremely happy with my purchase of this.

Cons: I suggest getting an aftermarket cooler since it's a bit hot at times during extreme usage."

If anybody noticed, most of them stated their tech level was "high" before writing their review. This alone tells me these reviews are BS. Even some that state their tech level is "somewhat high" should raise an eyebrow.

This is really dirty of Newegg, and they should be ashamed of themselves. Why can't they just accept it as a loss and move on?

If their tech level is high, after reading those statements, I feel MUCH better about myself. It's sorta like watching an episode of Springer. :cool:

It might even take 8 cores to match this beast.

Oh dear.

Its not Newegg, its some kid who is probably reading these posts and laughing his retarded ass off.

Now, anyone who reads these fake reviews and buys one of these chips..... well, they deserve everything coming to them.

On the other hand, it is a 775 chip, maybe I can still get one and replace my crappy E6600... This one has 2 E's ..... 2!!!

boshuter said:
LOL.... like that was ever a possiblity :rolleyes: If you are using ANY review from the egg or any other retailer to make hardware decisions.... well.. never mind...

hey now, my buddy even though not a complete idiot uses the newegg basis of the rating system to get his stuff. hell he went with a ds3 and e6300 just because they got more reviews than other other core2duo setup on newegg.

Back