Want a dx10 video card. 500w psu enough?

insane

Weaksauce
My current video x1800 256 mb is getting old on me and I want to run F.E.A.R with GREAT fps along with the other newer titles being released. Since im getting windows vista relatively soon, I want to be future proof with a dx10 card, so I was wondering if my powersupply, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159040 will be sufficent enough to power a dx10 card like 8800gts? The other components of my pc is in my sig. :confused:

While I'm not sure about the brand it looks like the rails are definitely rated high enough for that video card. It should be fine, pending some scandal I know naught about.

I have an 8800gts running on a 450 Power Supply. I believe the GTX requires 450 minimum, the GTS requires 400 minimum. Although it is brand dependent.

Everything in my sig is powered by a antec 480w which has very similar 12v1 and 2 ratings to the one u linked , u should be fine.

I do not know who is plotting against the consumer but dont modern 3D card minimum PSU requirements seem bit over estimated to people? Heck I just installed a 1950pro to a machine with 350W PSU, works like a charm!

A friend of myn had a theory about those very high minimum PSU requirements stated on 3D card boxes. According to him its sole purpose is to eliminate one thing from the phone support dudes trouble shooting list. Well be it as it may, I guess the PSU manufacturers are not complaining :D

At CES, Corsair demo'd two 8800GTXs running on their 620W power supply.

I do not know who is plotting against the consumer but dont modern 3D card minimum PSU requirements seem bit over estimated to people? Heck I just installed a 1950pro to a machine with 350W PSU, works like a charm!

A friend of myn had a theory about those very high minimum PSU requirements stated on 3D card boxes. According to him its sole purpose is to eliminate one thing from the phone support dudes trouble shooting list. Well be it as it may, I guess the PSU manufacturers are not complaining :D

They are over estimated but the manufacturers have to cover thier asses because of the people with shitty low quality PSU's that have inflated and exaggerated specs.

awesome, saves me $180 bucks, maybe i should put that towards a better card, 8800gtx.

Back