Want a Black Screen on Your Red iPhone 7?

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I think it was pretty dumb for Apple to release the red iPhone with a white faceplate. Aesthetics can be subjective, but based on all of the discussion out there of people trying to get a black front, I think it is safe to say that it looks much better. JerryRigEverything has posted a video on how he swapped his, but the phone is no longer waterproof and it keeps the ugly white button, which is actually necessary if you want to retain Touch ID functionality.

I like the look, but damn if I would take apart a new phone and go to all the work for it. Pretty sure a skin will suffice.

Product RED has always been red and white. Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. Don't like it, don't buy it or put a skin on it and be happy.

Isn't there stickers for this?

Edit

Oh, there Is!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Red and black definitely looks better.The white button kills it though.

Ugly either way for me. How many people use their phone with no case anyways.. i have seen it but its rare.

He made that look easy, but someone that's never done it before probably spend several days doing it. Or wrecking the phone.

Ugly either way for me. How many people use their phone with no case anyways.. i have seen it but its rare.
Me. Why would I buy a phone that I like the aesthetics of and then ruin it with a case?

Back