Wannabe Revolution controller for the PS2?

You guys kill me. He said it is similiar, not the SAME. If you split the MS controller they look a lot alike, and they both have a form of motion sensing technology. I believe his point was mostly just the look though. Obviously the Nintendo controller does more than a 6 year old Sidewinder. Just like a Geforce 7800 does more than a 3dfx Voodoo2, but they both accelerate 3D and have SLI capabilities. lol

Naldo said:
You guys should get knives, tie your wrist together, and have a knife fight like in that michel jackson video, then all this beef could be settled. I'll bring the music.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!! hell yea.. Dude.. Naldo is my kind of guy... i'll buy the 6 feet of rope!!

chameleoneel said:
yeah, for FPS it was great....but for everything else......a controller where your hand has to be removed from it, and re-placed to use the D-Pad and other shoulder but is not a good design for a standard controller. the shark controller I believe it was called fixed this, if it wasn't called the shark controller please correct me, but its the one that melded the center potrusion to the left one.

also, anyone who thinks nintendo doesn't make awesomely fun games, that are unique the microsoft and Sony generally don't even do at all, is misinformed.

and, that rev. style controller for PS2 is obviously not a 1st party official sony controller. case closed. come back when SONY themselves actually makes one. and who cares if its ugly? does it feel good to use? that is what matters.

no game was every made for the N64 where you had to consistenly change your hand positins on the controller.. each game just tended to have it's own standard way of holding it.. and that's it..

NulloModo said:
Heh, well, the PS2 was never designed for such stuff, the fact that they even pulled it off is commendable.

When the PS3 hits it will doubtlessly have an option for a Rev style controller that is even better than Nintendos.

Nintendo is great for new ideas sure, but the other companies tend to be better at taking them to their full potential.

can you cite an example?? I don't really see what you're saying.. i'm gonna guess whatever you're gonna say is really gonna be more of a matter of opinion.. but whatever...

ScreamingBroccoli said:
I think a picture is worth a million words, here are 3 million words for you

And there is more, but I think you get the point, and in your words:

Read again. I didn't say you didn't own it. I didn't say you didn't mod it. I did, however, make an ass of you and directly cite a passage where I specifically defended the Dreamcast.

steviep said:
Maybe perhaps they don't want to be in the pissing match that Sony and Microsoft are currently in?

Whether or not you like it, you just did it in your other thread.

The criticisms I make of Nintendo are legit. I ask why they're not advertising four months out of launch. I ask why they're touting online play as some great idea after screwing Gamecube owners with a useless peripheral. I ask why they're only name-dropping sequels to franchises that have been done to death already. I ask why they're allowing developers to use the shell when the new controller is supposed to be revolutionary. I ask how they plan on keeping developers from simply ignoring the movement controller since the shell is an option. These are all questions that I (And anyone else who has bought into their shit since the N64) are going to want answered before we spend any amount of money on another one of their products.

Should I open my Dreamcast up and show you the modchip?

ZX6Master said:
I'm willing to bet that you didn't:

1. Have a Dreamcast on 9/9/99.
2. Mod it so that you could play Shenmue nearly a year earlier than everyone else.
3. Import dozens of games for the system.

Yes you did... what the hell are you talking about?

ZX6 does nothing but start flame wars, look over his history here...

To the playstation controller lovers:

The original PS controller was nothing more than a reimagination of the snes controller. they added extra shoulder buttons and handles, big deal. Then they came out with the dualshock because they saw the analog stick on the N64. I have never understood why people love it like they do. Yeah it's pretty comfy, better than N64 or Dreamcast, but they need to change one tiny thing about it: have L2 and R2 set back a little bit, that way your middle fingers could help support the weight of the controller. I personally think the best console controller was the xbox controller S. I hate the gamecube controller, it's two small and the fact that the handles come straight down (instead of out) makes it really uncomfortable for me.

To the steviep haters:

Sure he jabs at Sony, but he's never denied that he owns a ps2 and wants a ps3, unlike many of the anti-nintendo zealots here.

i like the n64 controller cuz i played many a game of mario 64 and goldeneye on it
i like the ps2 controller cuz i played many a game of gta3 and ssx tricky on it
i like the snes controller cuz i played many a game of mario cart and super metroid on it

CodeEx said:
Yes you did... what the hell are you talking about?

ZX6 does nothing but start flame wars, look over his history here...

Thanks CodeEx, you go to RIT right? how do you like it there, I'm going there next year, I applied early decision and got in. I'm majoring in Medical Informatics, looks pretty cool. BTW, you never needed to mod a dreamcast to play anything, you could use a home made utopia boot disk or a gameshark (you could mod it, but it was pretty pointless).

Back