Wanna get back to Gaming on a pc Budget ~500

paradigm.r

n00b
Hi all! Its been quite some time since ive had a proper rig. The last system I owned was a Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR 2, and a Geforce 8800gts 512 and Crysis was king. Alot has changed over the years since then and I am sooooo out of the loop. Ive missed probably 5-6 generations of video cards. Anyway I have some quick easy money coming my way and I want a gaming rig! I was considering parting one from newegg or tigerdirect, but I have also bought 2 gaming rigs of this from other users. site circa `07-08 and I received some awesome builds. I found this guys complete build (http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1692125&highlight=complete) Would this be better than something new ? Any and all help would be much appreciated. I plan on purchasing a 22" LCD and maybe run it through my 46" TV. Thanks for looking and it feels great to be back on [H]!

Hi,

please answer the questions in the thread stickied in this subforum

the way it looks now, you will have to increase your budget by quite a large margin if you are including the 22in LCD.

it also depends on what games you will be playing with the build

Doh! I guess that would help lol sorry
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Moderate to Hardcore Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$500-$600 (excluding monitor)
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible
Knoxville,TN USA.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Althought it says dont say everything.... well everything :D
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
All new parts
6) Will you be overclocking?
Maybe?
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
22" so probalbe 1680x1050 or 1080p
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
within a week or 2
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Plain Jain vanilla Mobo would work
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

ohh and games.... Diablo 3, Farcy 3, anything new and exciting

Back