Walmart X8 Netgear w/ free chrome cast $150 black November deal

nice, my local walmart doesn't even have this model. They have the Nighthawk r7000 with chromecast bundle.

I'd buy this and sell the Nighthawk I got in a similar fashion.

My nighthawk has been the best router I have owned. I have only had to restart it I think 2 or 3 times in the 2 years I have owned it. Its been the only one to actually give me my full internet speed over wifi. I'm probably going to keep it until it dies as finding a reliable wifi router isn't the easiest thing to do.

My nighthawk has been the best router I have owned. I have only had to restart it I think 2 or 3 times in the 2 years I have owned it. Its been the only one to actually give me my full internet speed over wifi. I'm probably going to keep it until it dies as finding a reliable wifi router isn't the easiest thing to do.

Ditto...I'm not sure I'd take the chance of swapping it out as I already like the Nighthawk R7000 I have now.

R7000 is great, had mine for over a year and unlike previous routers I have had, never needs restarting and the wifi range is excellent and very fast.

I had the R7000 before, Staples was selling the R8500 for $300 which is still cheaper than the $399 elsewhere.

Most Walmarts seem to have the R7000

i have the R7000 on it as well, the netgear UI is clunky at best, quick reflash to ddwrt and now im complete

i have the R7000 on it as well, the netgear UI is clunky at best, quick reflash to ddwrt and now im complete

Many people say that flashing to ddwrt affects the range so much that they went back to stock. How is it for you?

i have a small house but 1/2 acre of property. previously with my wndr3600 i could barely get range in my garage, with the r7000 thats no longer an issue. i actually find that the ddwrt makes it more stable as it would constantly fluctuate in speed (sticky AP) in my detatched garage dropping to 2Mbps regularly. now im continuously seeing 18Mbps at that range on an old dell latitude e5500

the router is on top of my ikea entertainment center in the very front of the house. so overall range thought the house in straignt line is about 40-50yards

Last edited:
i have a small house but 1/2 acre of property. previously with my wndr3600 i could barely get range in my garage, with the r7000 thats no longer an issue. i actually find that the ddwrt makes it more stable as it would constantly fluctuate in speed (sticky AP) in my detatched garage dropping to 2Mbps regularly. now im continuously seeing 18Mbps at that range on an old dell latitude e5500

the router is on top of my ikea entertainment center in the very front of the house. so overall range thought the house in straignt line is about 40-50yards

Is that with the 5ghz band?

no that's 2.4 on the dell however i use my note5 exclusively on 5ghz at home and have great coverage
in the garage

Back