Walmart Wants to Deliver Food and Put It in Your Fridge

If your so busy you can't spare the time to go to the store... you must work at Amazon. I love how spending so much time at work you don't have time to do anything is somehow a virtue instead of a management problem.

Having a work ethic is a problem? Huh?

HELL NO. I will not shop at Walmart for food for a very specific reason. I was in line one time and saw their "Go Back" cart packed full of Packaged raw meat....Just sitting there! Nobody attending to it. I don't know what they do with it, do they throw it away? Do they put it back on the shelf? How long has it been there? Who knows! I'm not taking that chance though.

Cold items left upfront get thrown away, the cashiers have no way of knowing how long somebody has been carrying it around the store. They keep a cart going because they usually don't just have a random associate up front who can go deal with it at any given time.

Worked there for a couple years. Walmart gets a bad rep but most of the associates are good people just doing a job.

I don't want to buy food from Walmart. I certainly don't want their delivery service and I sure as shit don't want any of their employees in my home.

Having a work ethic is a problem? Huh?

I work 60+ hours a week. I still have plenty of time to go pick my own food and Cook it. I believe you are confusing work ethic for time management.

I don't want to buy food from Walmart. I certainly don't want their delivery service and I sure as shit don't want any of their employees in my home.

I work 60+ hours a week. I still have plenty of time to go pick my own food and Cook it. I believe you are confusing work ethic for time management.

My point is, its not the management of the place that you work's fault if you feel so inundated with work that you don't have a choice. Easy- pick a new job. I also work 60+ hours a week, and don't blame a lick of it on the place I chose to work for. I enjoy my work, and don't have an issue investing that time.

As it relates to this thread, I'd rather pay someone to do these mundane things, and sit on the couch not having to be bothered. It all depends on what value you put on your time, and if you enjoy shopping or not.

My point is, its not the management of the place that you work's fault if you feel so inundated with work that you don't have a choice. Easy- pick a new job. I also work 60+ hours a week, and don't blame a lick of it on the place I chose to work for. I enjoy my work, and don't have an issue investing that time.

As it relates to this thread, I'd rather pay someone to do these mundane things, and sit on the couch not having to be bothered. It all depends on what value you put on your time, and if you enjoy shopping or not.

That's fine, idc what you do with your time, it is your time after all. All I was calling out was the misuse of the phrase work ethic. If you choose to manage and prioritize your time differently more power to you. Someone not working 60+ hours a week however doesn't make them lazy which is what the work ethic phrase implies.

That's fine, idc what you do with your time, it is your time after all. All I was calling out was the misuse of the phrase work ethic. If you choose to manage and prioritize your time differently more power to you. Someone not working 60+ hours a week however doesn't make them lazy which is what the work ethic phrase implies.

Gotcha, fair call out

Back