[Walmart.com] Samsung 40" 4K MU6290 $249 w/ store pickup

As long as you don't plan to use it as a monitor, sure. LG uses RGBW panels that look terrible when used as a monitor.
It'll be used mainly streaming from websites, but will be connected to a pc.
Is is so bad as a monitor and all LG 4k tvs?

bought one of these and returned it. At lower resolutions, something odd was happening to mine, making it unbearable to watch a DVD or 1080p. Not sure if anyone else experienced that.

I've been told that 1080 res will look good on a 4k screen cause it's half of 4k. And anything other can look blurry. So 720p or 480 would look bad.

1080P Looks great on mine. I have 3 of these now and no problems here. Weird
I have a curved 55" 6500 version(basically same as 6300 but curved which is almost the same as 6290) and sd content looks great also. Was worried about it as it's my 1st 4k set

Jesus 169 for that 49 inch is insane. Here I thought I was getting the best deal ever when I copped that Samsung 40' for that price.

Wow, I didn't think about watching low quality videos on UHD.
I'm looking for a tv to watch web streaming usually lower than 720p, a lot of 480p and 540p.
Should I avoid 4k and get a HD tv?
Finding HD tvs are priced about same.

I'm looking for a tv to watch web streaming usually lower than 720p, a lot of 480p and 540p.

Res thst low yes.. stick to a 1080p tv.

The trick with tvs and resolution is to get a brand and/or models that have a good res scaler in them.. which is typically are these and typically in this order, Sony (best), Samsung (very very close to sony), lg (close or similar to Sammy). Vizio scaler is based on model line with the p series and m being better then the e and d. I really don't have a problem with dvds scaling up to 1080 on my ku6300 40. while it doesn't look nearly as good as a blu ray, its probably better than some other brands and lower end tvs would do.

The trick with tvs and resolution is to get a brand and/or models that have a good res scaler in them.. which is typically are these and typically in this order, Sony (best), Samsung (very very close to sony), lg (close or similar to Sammy). Vizio scaler is based on model line with the p series and m being better then the e and d. I really don't have a problem with dvds scaling up to 1080 on my ku6300 40. while it doesn't look nearly as good as a blu ray, its probably better than some other brands and lower end tvs would do.
I was looking around to find more tips and probably get 4k tv.
The price is pretty close and most of videos seem 720k, so it won't make a big difference when watched 12 feet away.
Thanks for the tips.

Back