Walmart 17" LCD 15ms...$228 good deal?

Find out their return policy on LCDs.
If you get to "use" it for 29 days before deciding whether to keep it or not - what do you have to loose?

I was just at walmart 20 minutes ago. :)

Anyways, all I saw was a KDS 17" LCD 25ms for 300 dollars.

Would walmart take back an online LCD in a retail store?

I used to work at Wal-Mart for a couple of years. Anything bought online at Walmart.com can be returned to any store for a refund, just keep your invoice etc. Not a bad deal really.

i wanna know how that deal turned out. i dont know anything about Balance..but for that price. go get it

i expect a full review on the product sir!

17inch 16ms monitors you can get for £133 in MicroDirect here in UK :p Pretty good competition for a small company I think.

£133 is right at $250 so yea that's even a good deal on this side of the pond provided it's got a descent name and warrenty.

Bought it, it must be a misprint. That was the worst ghosting I have ever seen. In all, I spent like $7.50 on restocking.

darktiger said:
I would not by a lcd with the name Balance...
Yes buying by name is the most important thing, especially with todays return policys :rolleyes: :eek:

ITS A 30ms SCREEN !!!

OK, I was wondering if the response time on this model was only the vertical or horizontal time, which would mean it was a 30ms screen (15ms HZ X 15ms VRT) If youv'e noticed LCD's come in 30, 25, 16, 12, and 8ms. So I did some research on this and found the manufactures website (I could only find it thru searching the model number)

http://www.balance-digital.com/lcd pic/CM2017.htm

Looks like I was right, it is a 30ms screen. I think thats bogus advertising on Walmarts behalf. You get what you pay for, although it still seems rather cheap if you wanted it just for office work.

Hope this helps.

Headbust said:
Yes buying by name is the most important thing, especially with todays return policys :rolleyes: :eek:

Well I know it is not the most inportant thing, but what would rather get a deer psu or a Antec PSU...

PuckerFactor said:
OK, I was wondering if the response time on this model was only the vertical or horizontal time, which would mean it was a 30ms screen (15ms HZ X 15ms VRT) .
You mean 15ms rise and 15ms fall time, not horizontal and vertical ;)

I bought an LCD from Wal-mart about a month ago. 17 inch about 248 buckeroos. and it works great! the brand is ILO. I was skeptical about it at first because ILO is another one of those new brands just coming out, but I tried a few of their products since getting the monitor, and I am confident to say that ILO looks good for the future.

Back