Walmart 1 day sale $298 Laptop

Do you think you would be able to run Linux on this laptop without too much trouble? :confused:

Guys I can stop in the store on the way to work tomorrow but that would be before 6am
would they sell me one then?

The stalk of Celery is the only thing keeping me from wanting to hit up Wally World in the morning..:(

My daughter could really use a laptop and this would be a great deal. I just might get up early and try for this one.

The stalk of Celery is the only thing keeping me from wanting to hit up Wally World in the morning..:(
Your loss and someone else's gain.

The funny thing is that this would be "so awesome" if it were labeled a "Core 2 Solo 2GHz," when that's pretty much exactly what it is.

Your loss and someone else's gain.

The funny thing is that this would be "so awesome" if it were labeled a "Core 2 Solo 2GHz," when that's pretty much exactly what it is.

My thought's exactly...I'm hoping everyone stays away, so I don't have to wait in line to get one..:p

Just got clearance from my Grandpa to pick one of these up for him. Now I just have to wake up before 8 in the morning after tonight's shenanigans.

Like, if I can't play Far Cry 2 at maximum resolution this deal like sucks man!!!1! :rolleyes:

It is a $300 laptop, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for something basic to smurf the internet and do basic business stuff, this is a good deal. You can probably play some games with the settings turned down, even WoW will probably work; remember the system requirements for it are pretty low, compared to what is out now.

This would be a good xmas present to update the computer which you built for your parents 5 years ago. That's what the price point seems to be geared toward, remember who WalMart is geared toward... average people.

Also remember shopping at Walmart is bad for your local economy. With the national economy as it is, you should try to keep as much money in your community as possible.

I love this timeo f year! lol
Might have to grab one of these, want a laptop so i can make my desk top strictly gaming and for 300 bucks cant really go wrong

If you like stop-action! :D

lol

Even at the lowest settings?

Probably going to try and get this as a wedding present for my sister in law and she wants to play City of Heroes with us.

Might get it anyway and let our daughter use it. Thing is she wants to play CoH too! haha

Will this thing play WoW or City of Heroes?
Yes, it should play both. I found threads on google searches that say even GMA X3100 works on "recommended" settings in CoH/CoV, and this $300 laptop has a faster version, the GMA X4500.

I want this laptop, but it's going to be virtually impossible to get it unless I wait hours. :(

I am planing on hitting up a few stores to see if I can find one for the wife. Then I could re purpose her old one:)

Damn I want this, but im in Canada which sucks. But this weekend im gonna be like 5 minutes away from the US border. Does anyone know if there is a wall-mart near Longworth, MN?

called walmart, they said expect lines and be there at least an hour early... they will hand out tickets for them in the electronics dept.

*Limit 1 per customer

How well would this run CS2 or 3? Im about to get a copy through school!

I hate you all for having that much cash to spare right now.
But we'll see what we'll get for $300 this time next year :)

At least I'll be able to find a $10 sempron for my old motherboard now, ha!

I socred the last one here.

Then my daughter told "mommy" what we bought, so well for xmas. I got my ass chewed, so I guess I have one for sale, and I told my wife don't ever expect me to buy her anything ever again. The laptop she has is old and shows signs of use.

just got back, showed up 30 minutes early and there was people waiting, only about 10. Store had 27 i got the 3rd tot he last one, most people in front of me bought multiples Luck i got one at all.

eh, have to work all morning, does not look like that good of deal, that processor scar's me

got one for my brother as i was the 14th in line and they had 30+...... sucked i had to stand in line next to a "typical" walmart shopper, they stank

eh, have to work all morning, does not look like that good of deal, that processor scar's me
Why?
---

I'm off to try my luck at getting one now. I hope one hour before the sale starts is enough time.

I got there at 0600 and was 10th in line. Then the people in line told me that there was a limit of 2 which I thought there was a limit of 1. Then at about 0745 the guy came out and said due to the large turnout Wally regional management told the stores to limit it to 1. There was like 100 people in line for 72 Laptops. People showing up 5 minutes to 8 expecting to get one. lmao

Should stop fkin' comparing this to a netbook - totally different audiences. It's a good price, but I'll stick with my 10 incher that doesn't break my back or even feels like it's there for that matter. A 15.4" is suitable for those who have it on a desk mostly and not moving around.

Never had any problem moving my 15.4" around. I've carried it all over my campus. My calculus book is heavier than it. I'll stick with a bigger screen and a usable keyboard anyday.

Thanks OP, I've got a friend who was wanting to buy a laptop they other day and I didn't know of any good deals when she asked. Now I can pass this along.

Just got home from getting mine @ Germantown, MD. Got there at 4:30, manager came outside and gave us reservation tickets so we got to go sit in the car and relax. Good thing too, it was raining. I guess it pays to have no life or plans on Friday nights so you can afford to wake up at 4am on a Saturday. Thx to Walmart though, spectacular deal IMO.

We waited in line at the Electronics counter. I would have paid some other shopper $10 to act as my girlfriend so I could get 2.

dammitall! Payday isn't till next week.:(
I'd be all over this. Its exactly what i was looking for in a laptop. Icing on the cake would be if it support C2D procs.
Maybe next time.

Just picked one of these up. Small town and they had a few sitting in a cart in the electronics department register area. Saw someone carrying out one of the tvs they had for sale as well.

Typing on this laptop now. I'll tell you what. My wife's old Dell 1150 had a 2.6ghz celly based on Northwood. This 2.0 ghz celly kicks it's ass. This computer is VERY good and it's a steal for $300. No question a great buy. Thanks for the head's up hardforum!

FWIW, the speakers on this laptop are pretty damn good (for a laptop). I haven't used a single core pc (besides my wife's old laptop) in a long time, but this is pretty snappy for a single core. I have a dual core AMD Turion notebook and it seems to be almost as fast for normal things, not video encoding, which I'm sure this laptop won't like. But this is fore my wife and she doesn't do anything more than Word and Firefox at the same time. Great buy.

I arrived at 6:30 am and I was 11th in line. My store in Bedford, TX had 90 laptops and the line ended up being about 100 people long.

Just got home from getting mine @ Germantown, MD. Got there at 4:30, manager came outside and gave us reservation tickets so we got to go sit in the car and relax. Good thing too, it was raining. I guess it pays to have no life or plans on Friday nights so you can afford to wake up at 4am on a Saturday. Thx to Walmart though, spectacular deal IMO.

You had to wait outside? We were inside our store, but down here in TX, it was upper 50's and all you needed was a sweatshirt. But inside the store it was a toasty 76!

I got there 70 minutes before the 8am and there were already 35 people in line. At 7am a guy came out and started handing out numbers. The store only had 24. Oh well, I tried and I didn't have to waste much time. There will be other cheap laptops on or before BF.

i grabbed one today for my wife in Raleigh, NC and my mom got one for herself in Indiana! :)

Just finished making my recovery dvd. Took about 45 minutes for 1 DL-DVD+R. It said you can make only 1 set of recovery disks. I better not lose it.
What is the piece of cloth for?

Just finished making my recovery dvd. Took about 45 minutes for 1 DL-DVD+R. It said you can make only 1 set of recovery disks. I better not lose it.
What is the piece of cloth for?

Just make a copy of the DVD that you already made.

Just make a copy of the DVD that you already made.
Or just use Magical Jellybean Keyfinder to get the OEM key off the current install and "find" the appropriate xrm-ms license file for HP. Then you can just use a standard Vista DVD, even the 64-bit version if you want. That's what I did on my HP. :cool:

Back