Walgreen Warns Customers Email Addresses Accessed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Drugstore giant Walgreen issued a warning Friday concerning breached email protocol. The company warned of possible spam associated with the unauthorized access of the company’s email system.

Walgreen, which said it never asks in emails for such personal data as credit cards or social security numbers, said it has contacted federal investigators regarding the incident.

I hope Walgreens didn't report to the I. C 3 internet crime division. They are worthless to many people, and didn't do anything AT ALL to help me.... at all, just an autoresponse email message after my HUGE long report with 100% evidence to the persons house, even.

Walgreens will probably do that, and say "Well, we reported it! " --- but it will all go to deaf ears besides the customers who are at risk.

I use Walgreens online for my heart meds, and I didn't get any warning or didn't hear of this on TV News. This is the first time of hearing of this.

I use Walgreens online for my heart meds, and I didn't get any warning or didn't hear of this on TV News. This is the first time of hearing of this.

Same here. I own a walmart prefered card, no notification.

Good thing i gave them my spam account :)

i got an e-mail from walgreens , but would have liked it if they would have done more for
this type of thing not to have happened in the first place.

I could definitely see a scammer using the news of thier own theft as some sort of phishing scheme.....

i got an email from walgreen's saying that my email got stolen and there was a link at the bottom that said if i click it then my email would be hidden from the spammers so i did and now my internet screen has more toolbars??/?

Back