Wake up system from sleep using RESET button?

x509

2[H]4U
My system is based on an ASUS P7H55M-Pro motherboard with an Intel i3 processor, 4 GB RAM, stock settings and no fancy BIOS tweaks, Win 7 64 Pro. The boot drive is an SSD, but I also have three HDDs in my system.

Sometimes when I want to wake up my system, pressing the keyboard space bar doesn't work. I have found through experimentation that I need to press the RESET button, sometimes more than once, and then the system will resume.

Is this a Windows issue, a BIOS issue, or something else?

Sounds like a hardware issue to me where the computer is probably locking up. If you have any overclocking enabled, I would suggest disabling it first and reset the bios so the memory timings will be set at default.

Waking up from sleep should be done via the power button. Reset button will force the board to start over from the beginning. Are you sure it's waking up from sleep or is it starting over when you hit the reset button?

If you do have overclocking, sleep states do not work very well with overclocks.

Sounds like a hardware issue to me where the computer is probably locking up. If you have any overclocking enabled, I would suggest disabling it first and reset the bios so the memory timings will be set at default.

No overclocks. The funny part is that if the system went to sleep some time ago, then the power button (or the spacebar on the keyboard) wakes up the system just as you expect it to. The problem seems to occur right after the system has gone to sleep, and then the power button does not work.

I can tell you from direct observation that the reset button does wake up the system from sleep state in these situations. Normally the reset button causes the system to, well, reset.

Back