Wake on Lan works from S5, but not S3...

I have been trying to set up WoL on my dx48bt2 motherboard. It used to work just fine. However, after a recent BIOS update, I haven't been able to get in when the computer is put into standard sleep mode (S3). Whenever the computer is powered down, I can remotely wake it up just fine. The light on the back of the computer where the ethernet cable plugs in blinks when I am powered down, but when I am in sleep mode, there is nothing. I am running Windows 7 Build 7100. I have gone into the BIOS and turned on Wake on Lan from S5. I did not see an option like that for S3. The product specifications from Intel say that it should work from S3 and S5. I have also gone into device manager and edited the properties in the network adapter to allow waking upon receiving a magic packet. I get the feeling that something in the OS is preventing the computer from leaving the network adapter on during sleep mode. Can anyone help me out on this?

Under Properties for the adapter there is a power management tab. I recently noticed that by default on the 3 machines I have install win 7 on they are set to let wondows turn the power off to the device and the WOL is off. Check out the "power management" tab under the properites of the card.

I have already done that. Here is a screen shot.
Image1-1.jpg

That looks like a INTEL control panel.. I went with default drivers for the intel, and that screen is diffrent (I will try and remember to post a picture later) I wonder if the defautl windows drivers / panel works corectly?

Ah...I see now. I rolled back the drivers on my Network adapter. Now I see a more familiar screen, probably the same one you saw. It now works from both sleep and shutdown. Thanks!

Back