Waiting for Windows 7 upgrade path then you won't like this...

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by pcjunkie, Oct 16, 2013.

1. pcjunkie

pcjunkie 2[H]4U

If you were looking forward to Microsoft finally coming to its senses for desktop users after Windows 8.x then you won't like what MJF has to say about the next MS OS release if true. Yes, its as bad as you think! :(

Entire story here: http://www.zdnet.com/what-comes-next-after-windows-8-1-7000022034/

2. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Twice as bad as windows 8 =) small number pad interface jk who knows what they will come up with those college kids with artsy resumes.

3. B00nie

B00nie [H]ardness Supreme

Good news for linux/osx, bad news for MS.

4. Snufykat

Snufykat [H]ard|Gawd

Fluff and speculation.
    Plenty of time to get the pick forks ready for 2015, don't like it try linux.

5. GotNoRice

GotNoRice [H]ardForum Junkie

The article clearly mentions Windows RT. I actually think it makes a lot of sense for Windows RT and Windows Phone OS to merge. They are both made to run on ARM processors.

I did not see anything that said this had anything to do with normal x86 windows versions.

6. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

I like the way Canonical is handing the tablet/PC issue.

I do believe it's inefficient to design a bunch of separate OSes for different devices. What I see is the answer is designing one OS for different devices, which is used different based on the device. If you're installing on a desktop PC you get a mouse and keyboard UI, if you install onto a tablet you get a touch UI. "Windows Certified" application requirement can simply add a requirement that developers build their applications to to run under both UI's, depending on what device. That way developers are designing one app for two distinct devices. From my understanding this is how Ubuntu Touch is going to work.