Wacky issue: Typing on one PC shows up on another networked PC

CRXican

[H]ard|Gawd
My PC is connected directly to our cable modem. My dads PC is connected to the wireless router via a USB dongle. Even as I type right now my text is showing up on his screen or effecting whatever program he is using, this also happend when I was using Word. This is obviously a huge problem.

The only changes I made were updating the NForce drivers to the latest version on his Shuttle SN45G. I have no clue what the hell is going on. I guess I'll try to revert back to the old drivers if you guys don't have any ideas.

Sounds like someone is playing with you. Got any brothers/cousins/other related pranksters you suspect?

I'd check both PCs for software you don't know what is. (And it might sound silly, but can someone have done something with your KB cables?)

no tricks

The computers are in different rooms. I'm telling you, all I did was update ATI drivers and NForce drivers on his PC and it started happening.

::EDIT::

could be my wireless keyboard, testing....

YEP, WACKY. He's using an MX Duo mouse with receiver and my keyboard in the other room must have been strong enough to connect. I switched channels and it's not doing it now.

CRXican said:
no tricks

The computers are in different rooms. I'm telling you, all I did was update ATI drivers and NForce drivers on his PC and it started happening.

::EDIT::

could be my wireless keyboard, testing....

YEP, WACKY. He's using an MX Duo mouse with receiver and my keyboard in the other room must have been strong enough to connect. I switched channels and it's not doing it now.

Hahaha, that's hilarious!

Ohh the hilarity that could have resulted from this.

Dad's typing up a report for work, when suddenly the words "What r u wearing??" type into his document. Dad gets confused, and looks at his PC for a minute. Before he knows it, "THAT'S HOT!!!1" types, followed by some rather suggestive language not suitable for a tech forum.

Dad goes to son's room, accuses son of sending him "dirty messages" and calls him a "sick twisted pervert." Dad sells son's computer to neighbor after repeated denials. That night, the words "schoolboy fantasy" appear in his latest Excel document. He smashes the monitor with his chair and buys an old-fashioned word processor.

edit: dear Lord my spelling was atrocious this morning.

By any chance do you have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard or Logitech setup? If you have 2 wireless setups it can happen. I've seen it here at work. Thought we were getting hacked for like 10 minutes :D

edit: ah I see that was the prob... it flipped me out too when I saw account names showing up on my boss' screen.

I was totally confused. I was writing something for school when I hear my dad making confused exlamations. He had an Excel spreadsheet open and I was typing something up in Word. I managed to put text into the spread sheet and when I hit Ctrl+S to save my document it saved his and renamed it, lol.

I didn't think the keyboard had such a range. His office is across the hall but I was freakin out.

Back