W10: Start menu size bug fixed?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mlcarson, Apr 23, 2016.

1. mlcarson

mlcarson Limp Gawd

Has Microsoft finally fixed the Start Menu size bug? I've been using Classic shell since the W10 preview because of this bug. There are other reasons but this pretty much made it mandatory for me. I just tried the Windows Start Menu again and for the first time, all of my apps are showing up. Was this a recent fix or did I just miss it?

2. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

been fixed for a very long time lol....but it still sucks compared to start replacements. You get tired of it soon

3. mlcarson

mlcarson Limp Gawd

Looks like it was fixed in mid-to-late November of last year while I was moving. I started a new job in a different area of the country on 12/1 and I guess I just stopped checking. It looks like Threshold 2 increased the limit from 512 to 2048. I'm at 645 items so it works again. I still like Classic Shell better but at least it isn't mandatory now. It's Microsoft though so they'll probably break it again with Redstone.

4. rezerekted

rezerekted 2[H]4U

So, the Start menu in Win10 just lists everything like Metro in Win8 does with no way to group stuff into folders? That is major suck if that is the way it is.

In Win8.1 if I go to the Metro screen and look at all apps I see all these readme files with no way of knowing what they are readme files for because they are all named readme and are not in folders from the game/app. Only way to fix it is to rename each one individually to the name of the game/app they belong to, which I am not going to do. Is that how the StartMenu in Win10 does it too? Microsoft is so full of stupid sometimes.