w00t managed to 2x my bill this month

Camaroz06

Gawd
Just thought the [H]oard would like to know I doubled my electric bill for last period. Bill was $180.

Doesnt sound like a lot? Well we only live in a 2 bedroom apt, and my fiancee and myself arent home from 9 - 6. I am told usually the bill is about $90 with A/C in the summer! I'm on the hook for the extra $90. Hate to see it for the next period since I will have had the computers on a bit more....

I did the same thing when I fired up the whole rack, normal bill is about 70$, jumped up to above 190 with the rack, then the AC and SR2 folding alone lowered my bill to 130. PPD/W is important for staying in long term

Were glad for the help tho!!

Were glad for the help tho!!

NO Problemo, I'll keep up what I can even after 4 billion.

Now my problem is going to be tripping circuit breakers once i7 #2 comes online tonight...

I've tried to distribute computers through the apartment on different breakers, now the one that feeds the man cave is straining already :(

You guys are scaring me lol. This is my first month folding so I've got no idea what it's going to cost.

NO Problemo, I'll keep up what I can even after 4 billion.

Now my problem is going to be tripping circuit breakers once i7 #2 comes online tonight...

I've tried to distribute computers through the apartment on different breakers, now the one that feeds the man cave is straining already :(

1) Cut hole in wall
2) Plug extension cord into next door neighbor's outlet
3) Continue folding.

You guys are scaring me lol. This is my first month folding so I've got no idea what it's going to cost.

Ahh don't worry about it. Winter time folding is supposed to be very cheap as any heat that it produces will help heat your home versus in the summer where you have to run the a/c. When you think about it, a typical folding desktop that isn't overclocked to the ragged edge draws within the vicinity of about 200-250 watts when just running the cpu client. That only comes out to running 2 light bulbs or so continously.

yea, its not a big issue until youve got a few rigs going 24/7

with the rack I was drawing around 1500 watts (more when OC'd) just from the rack, plus 300 from my gamer. 24/7...

Now, with a SR2, I have upped my PPD (shortly here anyways) and my total folding draw is around 750

1) Cut hole in wall
2) Plug extension cord into next door neighbor's outlet
3) Continue folding.
4) Profit

lol

yeah, thank gott it's getting cooler and my AC isn't running as much/so hard

I told my girlfriend i was gonna heat the house with computers this winter. she just rolled her eye's and walked away.

Just thought the [H]oard would like to know I doubled my electric bill for last period. Bill was $180.

Doesnt sound like a lot? Well we only live in a 2 bedroom apt, and my fiancee and myself arent home from 9 - 6. I am told usually the bill is about $90 with A/C in the summer! I'm on the hook for the extra $90. Hate to see it for the next period since I will have had the computers on a bit more....

You are so cute. :-D I live in the desert southwest. It gets hot and stays hot here. My electric bill is on what's called the equalizer plan, which averages out the years' bills and divides by 12. That way my bill stays the same every month instead of being huge in the summer and smaller in the winter.

My bill, each and every month, is $248. My house is only 1500sq feet.

Thankfully I just got mine and it was $10 cheaper than the previous month (just started folding this past month). So I basically converted running an AC 24 hrs/day into folding 24 hrs/day. A worthwhile trade, I'd say...

I'd have to look again, I did the math once cuz it changes per usage, worked out to like .08 or something, not sure off thetop of my head, might have been more
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I told my girlfriend i was gonna heat the house with computers this winter. she just rolled her eye's and walked away.

Ha!! good one. I actually paid all bills for over 10 years, so when my wife got a job I handed her a coupla bills for 'her share' - the power bill is one of them so I can fold, fold, fold. Downside is my mancave is very warm, so warm she is starting to invade frequently as winter draws near. Might need a preemo set of headphones soon [sigh]

Do what I did, get a door (one that locks lol)

Actually, I guess what I did was get used and cheated on 3 times, once while active duty, but hey, end result is the same, peace and quiet, and the hum of fans

:)

Ha, got another funny thing that happened. This morning at 3AM the fire alarms went off in the apt. building. I woke up and thought on shit....I overloaded the box and ti burst into flames. So my fiance and I are running around trying to get the damn cat it her carrier and we run outside. I of course forget a hoddie so I'm freezing outside, the cat is meowing pathetically, firefighters are running in and out, the alarm is blazing, and I am still thinking..god what might I have done.....firefighters come out and tell us they think someone burnt some toast coming home drunk from the bars... HA

Last edited:
Do what I did, get a door (one that locks lol)

:)

Actually I do, a solid steel exterior door to seal off my cave from the rest of the house (reduces noise from the Home Theatre too) keyed identically to my separate door to the carport for quick escapes! I use it to keep my teenagers out of my stash of Miss Vickies chips which I like to save for NFL Sunday Ticket and beer, LOTS of beer. But if I lock her out too much things become quite 'frigid' upstairs, so I relent and let her in once in a while. Besides, I hooked up the kids Xbox 360 to the living room TV instead of them being down here so I gotta let her in to watch once in awhile - that is until I get a big flat panel for the bedroom :D

Replaced my fleet of Q6600s with 2 SR2's, which would cut my power bill by a third or more... until I factor in running the machines more often... which I guess means an increase to come.:rolleyes:

Replaced my fleet of Q6600s with 2 SR2's, which would cut my power bill by a third or more... until I factor in running the machines more often... which I guess means an increase to come.:rolleyes:

Holy smokes that's some serious foldage you've got there Worthy. Glad you're folding for team 33!

Back