w00t for my first AM2!

AaronP

[H]F Junkie
I got my girlfriend a Sempron 3000+ AM2 processor :D, they like decreased the box size by 1/2! I'll get pictures later.

yeah, i like the new box. no more retard green stuff.. and it's nice and modular

which mobo? :D

I got the FX-62 and the Sempron 2800+ on the way.

The semprons are great prices eh?

yeah, memory controller sucks though :p

lucky bastard, getting an fx-62 ;)

no more green stuff . . . Thank goodness. That stuff never held up in shipping.

Yeah the new packaging is interesting... the green stuff was kinda cool to some extent.

you might have some fun with that. my k9n hates booting at high htt speeds.. but it can clock pretty nicely in windows :p

Ockie said:
I got the FX-62 and the Sempron 2800+ on the way.

The semprons are great prices eh?

I've had an fx62 on backorder at tigerdirect for about a week now. Where did you get yours so that it's on the way? If you don't mind. I have my entire am2 system ready except for that damned chip.

JenniferSifre said:
I've had an fx62 on backorder at tigerdirect for about a week now. Where did you get yours so that it's on the way? If you don't mind. I have my entire am2 system ready except for that damned chip.

Replied to you via PM. Mine should be in today or tomorrow as I ordered overnight shipping.

Nice. I just ordered a AM2 2600+ and a biostar gforce mobo for a work pc. It was cheaper than a 754 setup. :eek:

TechHead said:
Pics of new packaging? Haven't seen the AM2 chips in India yet.

packaging.jpg

(cf)Eclipse said:
yeah, memory controller sucks though :p

lucky bastard, getting an fx-62 ;)

I've got one on the test bench. Of course it actually belongs to Kyle. :D

I'll say this for it: The FX-62 is an amazing CPU.

Dan_D said:
I'll say this for it: The FX-62 is an amazing CPU.

Oh NOES! WaHTsa b0ut teh CoNr0eS?

j/k I love my opteron @ 2.6, can only imaging that piece of silicon @ 2.8 in my machine!

Thanks for the pics, eclipse. Seems to be quite an improvement over the s939 CPUs.

fuelvolts said:
Oh NOES! WaHTsa b0ut teh CoNr0eS?

j/k I love my opteron @ 2.6, can only imaging that piece of silicon @ 2.8 in my machine!

Sorry no Conroe here.

The FX-62 is awesome. Very overclockable and the DDR2 support is a nice improvement. DDR2 memory seems to be way more overclocking friendly than DDR1 memory as a general rule.

Though it's not as exciting to me when I already have a dual 2.8GHz Opteron as my main PC. Though a system with this FX-62 would obviously be a slightly faster machine due to the memory interface. Still I am happy with what I have now and see no reason to upgrade within the next several months. I'll have to see what Conroe can bring to the table when it comes out.

Dan_D said:
Sorry no Conroe here.

The FX-62 is awesome. Very overclockable and the DDR2 support is a nice improvement. DDR2 memory seems to be way more overclocking friendly than DDR1 memory as a general rule.

Though it's not as exciting to me when I already have a dual 2.8GHz Opteron as my main PC. Though a system with this FX-62 would obviously be a slightly faster machine due to the memory interface. Still I am happy with what I have now and see no reason to upgrade within the next several months. I'll have to see what Conroe can bring to the table when it comes out.

Exactly, you have two months of playtime with the 62 before the conroe comes out... two months is a lifetime in computing IMO :)

Dan_D said:
Sorry no Conroe here.

I seriously cannot wait to get my conroe, er I mean fx62 by the end of the month! The overclocking will be seriously fun indeed.

Yeah I have the same packaging for the s754 3000+s I just got in...

Id have an AM2 system by now but im waiting till a decent board with the nforce 590 chipset is out.

Cant find the K9N Diamond Plus aaaaanywhere.

Sweet.

I liked that green stuff :( I liked to use it to... crunch between my fingers when I got angry.

Back