W00t!!! AMD giving money "back" to those with FX...???

mzs_biteme

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally found on XS forum, but it looks like it's for UK purchasers only....

https://www.amd-promotions.com/fx/uk/index.asp

"More Cores, More Cash back" Hmmm... More like "Sorry you didn't get what you paid for" ;) Gotto get people interested somehow I guess... Will see if it catches on in the U.S of A....

Last edited:
Honestly,
I would be more interested in a pile-driver trade-up program that involved a measurable discount. For currant FX owners to trade in their current BD cpu's as credit towards a new Pile-Driver chip. (if it's even worth it)

Last edited:
More like a mail-in rebate.

And those derisive comments are getting extremely annoying. Yes, AMD released a product that didn't even come close to expectations. Yes, at the moment, it is overpriced compared to Intel. Yes, there has been enough hating already. Show's over, time to move on.

Dang look at these awesome rebate terms in the UK:

Payments will be made via BACS or cheque as requested within 45 days.

That is fantastic. If more companies dealing hardware in the US did this, I might not be avoid rebates like the plague. As it is now, I consider myself lucky if I ever get a MIR in less than 4 months. Plus with some US companies, I have noticed that they have a tendency to do absolutely nothing until I contact them, then the rebate is in the mail 2 days later...

Back