[W]arm: Norton Internet Security 2007 3 users $34 AMR

McG2k1

Limp Gawd
http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Catalog_type.asp?ProductCode=36064

@33.95 after mail-in rebate the three user version is what makes this a pretty good deal. If you use Norton anyway.

Includes:

* Norton AntiVirus
* Norton Personal Firewall
* Norton AntiSpyware
* Norton Parental Control

Mail-in rebate looks like it needs you to own a previous version, but if you are interested in this deal you probably own a previous version anyway. Here's the rebate text:

$20.00 Manufacturer's Mail-in UPGRADE rebate offer. Valid in the U.S. Only. Customer must enclose proof of previous ownership of a stand-alone or pre-loaded version of any Norton or Symantec software or another company’s antivirus, firewall, antispam, antispyware, utility, or back up software product. Proof of previous ownership submission requirements: a) Previous owners of a stand-alone, retail (boxed or downloaded) product must enclose either a copy of the previous product’s CD, first page of manual (usually titled “User’s Guide”), or your confirmation email from your previous download purchase. b) Previous owners of pre-loaded (OEM) software product must enclose a copy of the previous product’s Help/About screen. Limit one rebate per customer, per product, per household, per address. Rebate submission must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase date.

Norton software isn't worth it at any price, but I guess relative to the usual pricing it's really decent. Especially since you get 3 licenses and they use Product Activation like Windows does.

I bought a few of these 3 user licence boxes before, here is some info on how this works.

Basically its one key.

Once you install it on one pc, the activation subscription starts (365 days).

As soon as you install it on another pc it only has the the remaining days subscription left from the time you first installed it on your first pc.

So if you install it on your other pc 30 days later, you will only have 335 days subscription, not a full 365 days.

So if you buy this, you should install it on all 3 pc's on the same day!

It really sucks if you have other pc's subscriptions that end in different dates, thus you end up loosing that remaining time.

So this is not the same as having 3 keys, where each key gets full 365 days as soon as each key is installed.

I just thought some of you should know this, as its not listed anywhere on the Norton Box or their website. I filed a formal complaint with Symantec and they never responded.

the only software i use from norton is ghost, and that came with my motherboard

If you pay for norton thats kinda dumb. Frys has norton 2007 for free almost every other week.

norton is waaay to intrusive, i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, but thats my opinion

Norton slows down any system to a crawl on bootup. Not to mention the Firewall that even though says its "off" still blocks you from the internet.

Heres some good FREE antivirus software: http://free.grisoft.com

Norton slows down any system to a crawl on bootup. Not to mention the Firewall that even though says its "off" still blocks you from the internet.

Heres some good FREE antivirus software: http://free.grisoft.com

Free for "Personal Use" only.

So you should not use it on a work machine without buying it.

If anyone knows of any commercial "workplace" free AV I would be happy to hear about it

I checked all these awhile back, and none are free for commercial "workplace" use, although many are free for personal use.

One of the guys here at work uses the AVG Free at home and says he got an email that they are stopping the free version. I'm using the free version on all my machines at home and I've gotten no emails or pop-ups that say anything is going away.

I guess time will tell.

McG

One of the guys here at work uses the AVG Free at home and says he got an email that they are stopping the free version. I'm using the free version on all my machines at home and I've gotten no emails or pop-ups that say anything is going away.

I guess time will tell.

McG

I got that they were stoping the free 7.1 avg, and that you need to upgrade to the free 7.5 avg to continue it.

Didnt know it was going to be for business use.

But yea.. the current version is expiring, however all you need to do is upgrade to the latest version to continue on. No big deal.. and still free. Seems to be fairly easy on the memory usage as well.

If ONE of you guys want to bypass the whole rebate thing. I have a new Norton Internet Security 2007 in unopened sleeve with UNUSED key for $29 shipped. I just got Corporate Edition from Work so I don't need this CD. Contact me I will give you my heat and stuff if you are interested. :D

omg, read the message, 7.1 and below will be discontinued, the new version is still free(has issues with vista though)

Back