[W]arm? 45w Athlon ii dual [email protected] $43 + ship @ ewiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipping only $2.35 for 1st class mail.

I'd say it's at least a warm deal for what you're getting, an HTPC type cpu with low power requirements and low heat. Would kick the crap out of an Atom based rig that's for sure.

Nice to see such a low price on these guys already
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

ewiz is great... they're cpu prices have beat other websites lately, i picked up a retail x3 440 for $67 shipped. newegg does have some great deals on oem phenom II's right now though.

Usually ewiz has a storewide coupon for -5, 10, or 15. "bat5" just expired, i bet they will have another one in a few days.

COLUMBUS15 code worked as of this post, dropped price (pre-shipping) from $42.84 to $36.41 (-$6.43).

so tempting... if only this was an AM2+ instead of AM3. I'd have to buy a new motherboard before I could use it in HTPC...

Actually It should be a lot faster than a be-2400 not just in clock speed but in architecture. It's an athlon ii afterall :)

Any idea how this chip would stack up against my Brisbane 5050e?

Doing what?

If I had to take a wildass guess it should be about 15-20% faster. I'm open to other wild-ass guesses.

Also: I was doing heavy vm stuff using virtualization extensions under linux. Having HVM guests with the 5050e was putting idle guests @ ~ 10% cpu usage. On an athlon ii/phenom2 it was more like 1-2%.

On my 5050e I had 10 guests idling and it was eating a whole core! Not so with with the athlon ii.

Passmark CPU Benchmark says: 1396 for 5050e, and athlon ii 215 was 1606. This is the 210 so scaled down it should be 1547. That is 11% difference.

I just realized I ordered the x2 7750 BE a few weeks ago for a dollar more, so either the x2 210e wasn't there yet or I just had a brain fart. or is the x2 7750 better, considering it has l3 cash, will overclock better as BE and may unlock with my motherboard?

Does anyone know if this will work in a board that uses DDR2? I would need to get a new mobo, but I might be able to uprade a cpu if I can get a board cheap enough.

I wonder how this would go with the current shellshocker deal?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this will work in a board that uses DDR2? I would need to get a new mobo, but I might be able to uprade a cpu if I can get a board cheap enough.

I wonder how this would go with the current shellshocker deal?

AM3 cpu's generally work in AM2+/AM3 boards
AM2+ cpu's WONT WORK IN AM3 boards (no ddr3 memory controller)

Price drop, now $41.82 + S/H, the coupon code drops it to $35.55 + S/H

Again that working coupon code is: COLUMBUS15

Couldn't resist, bought one for one of my htpc's, the total came out to $37.90 shipped. :)

Last edited:
I may get one of these for a Windows Home Server. I can't find a lot about its power effieciency though. How much would this consume and would it be a lot better than a downclocked i3 530? Also what would a good MB for a server be? I don't really know a lot about the AMD cpu line. Thanks for the info in advance.

Can anyone confirm if the 7750 BE for $1 more is better or worse?
I know it runs way hotter and is much less overclockable on average, as for raw cpu power, that's a good question.

I'm replacing a 7750 with this Athlon II deal, the thing runs so damn hot i can't get rid of it fast enough, it's in an htpc which should be running a lot cooler and use less power.

Head over to our AMD cpu subforum and you'll see the 7750 hasn't been recommended to anyone in ages (it's a 2008 release)

damn.. i thought it would overclock better because it's BE, and his RAM does not react well to the FSB being OC'd... that and it has l3 cache

Bump

Deal and coupon still alive.

$35.55 + S/H + coupon.... should come out to around $37.90 shipped

Coupon code = COLUMBUS15

Supposedly you can unlock these 210e processors to a quad-core with some luck and the right motherboard. I know i received an "AD" core from Ewiz on saturday.

210e unlocking info:

http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2010/2010091701_AMD_quitely_introduces_Athlon_II_X2_210e_CPU.html

http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2010/...Athlon_II_X2_210e_CPUs_are_now_in_stores.html

Any of you who like to play the unlocking game have a chance here on a cooler running $38 chip, not much to lose imho, i may pick up a second one if i decide to try it. Unfortunately the home it was destined for is an HTPC with a 780G chipset which can't unlock but i didn't want to goof around with anyway.

What i would like to know is if it would have any thermal/voltage advantages over stock Athlon II X4 processors, only one way to find out i guess...

And if anyone is seriously interested, don't wait to purchase it, it's already an "old deal" and once SlickDeals finds out this deal is finished.

Last edited:
I just got one of these 210e from ewiz and it is a propus core AD stepping. Once my MB gets here I'll see if it unlocks.

Mine also unlocked, so far it appears to be stable. Using an Asus M4A88T-M if anyone was curious.

edit: It's no longer appearing on eWiz's site. Also newegg bumped the price up to $51.

Ugh, I would have jumped on that. I need an upgrade from my aging X2 5000+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back