VZ S3 bootloader unlocked

Just saw this too. I'll consider trading my Gnex for one now. It's supposed to get JB pretty soon too. Just saw a video of an official (TouchWiz) JB build. It would be funny if the GS3 got a JB OTA before the VZW/Sprint Gnex.

Suck it Verizon. Still won't trade in my GNex though. I'm done with anything but Nexus devices. Unlocked or not Nexus is the way to go.

Just saw this too. I'll consider trading my Gnex for one now. It's supposed to get JB pretty soon too. Just saw a video of an official (TouchWiz) JB build. It would be funny if the GS3 got a JB OTA before the VZW/Sprint Gnex.

I wouldn't be surprised. 4.0.4 for GNex was held back on purpose (in my opinion) in order to try to get the RAZR's to 4.0.4 first. Verizon will do the same shit with the SGS3 since it's the current flagship device. They don't want the Nexus (which costs less and gets updates far faster and doesn't have nearly the same amount of bloat) to be the most "advanced" phone on their network.

Suck it Verizon. Still won't trade in my GNex though. I'm done with anything but Nexus devices. Unlocked or not Nexus is the way to go.

I wouldn't be surprised. 4.0.4 for GNex was held back on purpose (in my opinion) in order to try to get the RAZR's to 4.0.4 first. Verizon will do the same shit with the SGS3 since it's the current flagship device. They don't want the Nexus (which costs less and gets updates far faster and doesn't have nearly the same amount of bloat) to be the most "advanced" phone on their network.

The nexus 4.04 update was delayed to fix issues with data drop in the radio. It still came out months before the razr's update as well. Verizon has also featured it in many commercials during the past week so they still care about the nexus.

The nexus 4.04 update was delayed to fix issues with data drop in the radio. It still came out months before the razr's update as well. Verizon has also featured it in many commercials during the past week so they still care about the nexus.

Sure they do. The only reason it's featured is to try to get people to buy it for $100 or less with a 2 year contract. Oh...just like they did with the RAZR.

So if it was "radio issues" with 4.0.4 what's the excuse for not pushing 4.1.1 out to the GNex when every other GNex already has it? I'd bet money T4rd is right and SGS3 gets 4.1.1 first.

Back