Vz Fios Wiring Question

l008com

Limp Gawd
So I bought a new house and getting ready to wired it up. I plan on getting verizon fios. The ONT will be in one of the bedroom closets. I really don't want the installer hacking up the house i've been busting my ass fixing up. So I want to run my own cable from the attic where the wires will come in, across the house and down to where the ONT will be mounted. But of course, I have no idea what kind of wiring it it. Or what kind of connectors they use. I'm hoping its something I can just throw a into a keystone and have nice plugs on each end. That way they can just run a wire from the pole, right into the attic. Then throw the ONT on the wall and plug it into the other end. Meanwhile the wiring will be nice and neat and organized, and there won't be hacked up holes all over the place.

Just put the ONT on the outside of the house like a normal person and run your lines in. Coax and Cat 5e.

Just put the ONT on the outside of the house like a normal person and run your lines in. Coax and Cat 5e.

I have never seen an ONT mounted on the outside of a house. Every one I've ever seen has been in a basement. Plus even if I wanted to, I need to re-side the house probably in a year or two, so that's not the best solution even if it would work. Ill just let them wire it I guess, and hopefully they can do it the way I like without busting balls.

I have never seen an ONT mounted on the outside of a house. Every one I've ever seen has been in a basement. Plus even if I wanted to, I need to re-side the house probably in a year or two, so that's not the best solution even if it would work. Ill just let them wire it I guess, and hopefully they can do it the way I like without busting balls.

My fiber ONT ( I dont have VZ fios) is outside and all other ones around here are outside the battery back up is inside the house like the basement.

My FiOS ONT is mounted on the outside of the house near the electric meter, and the battery backup unit is mounted in the basement near where the cat6 cable comes into our home. I would just have them mount the ONT outside your house and then run the network cable to where ever you will have your networking equipment housed.

Back