VTC and data networks over T1 Satellite shot (site to site)

Sickness

Gawd
(I am doing research for a future system with no money for R&D :( so thanks in advance for any help or advice you might have)

We have a few data networks and one video teleconferencing network divided into vlans and i'm looking for an IP based solution to replace our ATM path.

My superiors are worried mostly about QoS which is why they are still stuck with ATM.

My question is since i have a dedicated T1 satellite shot to only one network (static routing) could i just take out the ATM switches and expose our cisco 3700 series router and give priority of between 400 and 500 kbps directly to the video connection when needed (making or receiving a call)

Are there any pieces of equipment that are good for QoS of different networks out one dedicated pipe or can the QoS functions inside the cisco router be good enough for our purposes.

Also, is there anything IPv6 has brought to the table yet that could solve my problems.

All i have to do is coordinate how the information gets to one location from our site and they can do whatever they need to direct traffic on their end (data or video trafficed to different locations over).

Back